Newbie question

Patsalou

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys was dignoised with prediebites today and suffer from anxcity.. Just wanted to ask a few questions
1)is the Atkins diet a good diet to use?
2)if I lose weight will it go?
3) am I going to die soon

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Hi guys was dignoised with prediebites today and suffer from anxcity.. Just wanted to ask a few questions
1)is the Atkins diet a good diet to use?
2)if I lose weight will it go?
3) am I going to die soon
Welcome Pat.
Have a look in the food threads.
If you lose weight you will be healthier fitter and it might go if you catch it before it actually arrives.
Yes you're going to die.

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

Hello and welcome

You will find many choices of diets here and in other reading material ...
A bit of a mind field ....
Give things some thought and try not to,panic , easy to say I understand that ....
You will find a eating pattern which is right for you ....
Being pre diabetic ...you will need to,consider follow up medical support because numbers can change quickly for some ...
And maybe choose someone whose advice you feel comfortable with to help you with your goals ...
I believe it is normal for someone with pre db to have a test two years after the first test ...but that is not always the case , and practices do vary ...
Did you gp do more than one test to,confirm that you are pre diabetic .....Kat

Patsalou

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had one test last year and was told I was fine.. Then got a letter last week to say my blood sugar was slighty raised and to have another test which I did.. Results coming back today and it has gone up .1 percent in which she told me if I don't change lifestyle I will have it within 5 years...

Ever sinse I got the letter I've not been off the Toliet feel the need to pee all the time but nothing comes out lol sorry for that info lol

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The shock and anxiety will disappear soon, and well done for finding this forum and reading round. Find a diet you know you can sustain, cut right down on the carbs and sugary stuff, perhaps add a little exercise, lose weight (if you need to), and keep asking questions.

Reactions: 8 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Pat. welcome. Bluetit is absolutely right. If you like the look of the Atkins diet try it. Do you have weight you need to lose? :)

Reactions: 4 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Loads and loads
Hi Patsalou,:)
Whatever diet you decide to take, just make sure you modify to the diet slowly and you are happy with the whole deal.
I do not like any kind of book type diet to follow as there is always Positives and negatives including the dreaded small print.
@Bluetit1802 is bang on, with whats best.

If you loose weight and have good control with your body,things will only get better.:)

" am I going to die soon" Definitely not. However stay on this nice forum and take your time to adjust.:)

Reactions: 6 people

Patsalou

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much for your nice comments.. As a serve anxcity sufferer you have all helped

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Thanks so much for your nice comments.. As a serve anxcity sufferer you have all helped
Stick with us Pat and things can only get better.

Reactions: 6 people