Off the med's at last.

$ugar daddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd share my story.
About 7 months ago' I was diagnosed type 2' which came on so quick it and was a massive shock.
After having a precautionary blood test results showed my blood sugars to be 30.
Needless to say I was feeling ****' but not a clue why.
So unbeknown to myself I'd been walking around storing up trouble for myself with my lifestyle' but to blind to see it.
So i'm not a gambling man' but I'd been playing the game!! I got three lemons and the bandit paid out with 2 metformin and 1 gliclazide daily' ahh jeez lucky me :)
So diet change' exercise' lost 2 stone and aim to lose more as yep # I feel gooood I knew that I would #....(you know how it goes ;) )
As the weight came down so the med's were reduced and a bonus blood pressure dropped nicely too!
Now 7mths later with average blood sugar of 5.5 and 6'
DN happy to tell me to stop taking med's & try life without.
Hopefully I can control with just diet and exercise
So here we go' worried but hoping for best outcome.
Will keep you posted of future developments.
I'm not blowing my trumpet by any means' folks I'm posting this in the hope that if I've made at least one person feel more positive then that works for me.
We all have our demons to battle.
This forum is full of wonderful people with fantastic advice and I thank you all for that its been invaluable to me.
I will of course update you with future developments. Take care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Keep on keepin' on Daddy ... hope it continues.
I'm travelling the same road ... weight going down blood pressure going down bloods going down medication going down and I'm travelling light./

Reactions: 2 people