not feeling well

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
donnelleysdog, you are so right about the gp and dns not really speaking together
gp mentioned insulin, but when i last saw him, he said that insulin was a last resort
i don,t know if dns had mentioned the meter to the gp, maybe she did , i don,t know but i,m going to get answers tomorrow
Whatever diet you have it needs to be sustainable, and if it isn't and that's impacting your BG, then the team need to negotiate a way of keeping the BG down in some way. To me, it feels like you need to go up a step from wherever you are now...not sure what meds you're on right now, but if you're on the max dose then moving up a step seems a sensible idea. If it was me, I'd be pushing them to move to the next step.

Reactions: 2 people

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you aren't keen on lettuce check out the salad bags at the supermarket you might find a different type of lettuce you do like. I can't stand the standard round lettuce we had when I was a kid, but iceberg, lollo rosso, lambs leaf (or lambs lettuce), red butterhead,or rocket are all worth trying, and there are plenty of others that I can't remember that I am not keen on, but you might like. They are also great for lazy people like me who like to be able to eat it straight out of the bag.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
thank you all, i am feeling better then i was
at the moment i am writing down everything i eat and drink to show my gp tomorrow

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck tomorrow. Is your neighbour going with you? Be honest with the nurse, and be assertive (not aggressive) about the meter. Let us know how you go on.

iHs

i will look into vitamins
i love sprouts, cabbage, peas, cauliflower and brocolli
i will eat tomatoes and cucumber but not over keen on lettuce

I love the same veg as you as well. Look out for brussel tops and kale and spinach.
Celeriac is a good alternative to potatoe (Lidl). Butternut squash is good....I just slice it off with sharp chopping knife and cook it in frying pan with meat. The outer rind is lovely and crispy. OH also likes it as well.
Try and cut down on the carb first as that will help lower bg.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great to hear you have a monitor again, hopefully you can start to take control again.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
@ally1
Brilliant.. If you show your gp and nurse your log book writing down your readings, food and activitys, and feelings even then it will show them that you do need to have a meter and strips.
If you get insulin, you must have a meter.
Please tell them if you struggle with keeping to eating healthier foods all the time. They will appreciate your honesty...
Lastly, none of us are perfect. Luckily enough (sounds odd!) I am T1 on injections and can have food that I want, just give insulin to cope. I low carb for 50 years BUT December I eat everything for the whole month.. Christmas cake, pud etc. its the only time I do this.. Oh and my drambuie too!! Injections/pump lets me do this.
I don't hide my eating habits, if my medics did ever ask me I would tell them. I did recently when telling my consultant I'm eating coconut oil etc and more fat. She said "I trust you to be sensible" and that was it. First time, cos I'm lean that anybody has taken any notice.. Even then, I had to tell them!!

Just saying Ally that I'm not perfect. None of us are. All of us on here want the very best for you. If you go in to gp with lower levels, new eating... He is going to think that you are mastering it. If you don't tell them that you struggle with xxxx then they will just send you away again to end up in hosp again!!
Tell them that you really need a meter to know what foods affect you. To stop you feeling awful n ending up as an unplanned admission to hospital!!

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
thank you all
donnelleysdog, i will make a note of my readings and what i,ve eaten, and then can tell whats making the readings so high