Waking up in the night

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I am continually waking up in the night now to go to the toilet does anyone else have this problem??

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, but I have for many years so nothing to do with diabetes. I am pleased with myself if it's only once.

Reactions: 2 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
never did it before untill I got Diabetes and then again only of late so end up watching FBI files till I am sleepy again laughs.....

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Same here
I used to before but then stopped but when I went for a checkup again she said drink more water and so I did and now go once atleast and could be twice too

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I confess I don't really wake up. I get out of bed, stagger to the loo, stagger back, fall into bed and carry on sleeping!

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Usually means your BG's are high, have you tried testing when you wake? Maybe your meds routine needs adjusting?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Usually means your BG's are high, have you tried testing when you wake? Maybe your meds routine needs adjusting?

Not in my case. I've done this for 30 odd years, and my BS runs in the low 5's all night most nights. I put it down to drinking water all evening. It has to go somewhere!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I am continually waking up in the night now to go to the toilet does anyone else have this problem??

Assuming your bg levels are fine Patsy, I found that cutting out or reducing caffiene and acidic food helped a lot, it's worth a try if all else fails.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Sympathies, PatsyP.

Me old quack, who I trust with my life, advised, if possible,
don't drink too much after 7pm. (impossible, but I like his style. lol)

Best of luck.

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
laughs at some of the replies....same here I open my eyes slightly feel the urge to go make my way to the bathroom keep my eyes closed feel my way back to bed and hop in quick but some times it does not work and have to open my eyes to look at the clock laughs....am getting used to it now but before could sleep on a clothes line and nothing would wake me up....:wideyed:

C

chris lowe

I usually wake up once a night, more if I've been out and had two or three halves of diet coke. also depends if the cats are behaving, if they wake me up with their fistypaws then I have to go. I can't close my eyes and try to go back to sleep as I have a phobia of dreaming that I'm on the loo and waking up to find I'm still in bed :oops: That happened when I was about 6 but I've worried about it ever since ha ha

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
on a average night, i get up for the loo 4 times

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
wow once a night is enough if not too much..... am dreading the cold nights though brrrrr