Newly diagnosed Insulin resistant and prediabetic. Confused and scared!!! Help me

AnnieO

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all I was diagnosed as pre diabetic type 2 and insulin resistant. It's been a week and I constantly feel woozy, and don't know where my levels should be. I test but quite honestly it makes no sense to me. I started cutting out sugar and carbs and lost a bit of weight. I constantly have the feeling of "tired eyes" you know the feeling you should be going to bed. Oh and my BP is very low. Is this normal?

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
It's doubtful you'd feel symptoms from prediabetic blood sugar levels. What were the exact lab results this diagnosis was based on? What are your self testing results? What are you eating? What is your BP exactly? :writer:

AnnieO

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I did a fasting test and after the glucose my blood levels went from 4.4 up to 8.9 . Then it dropped to 2.4 within about 2hours. My BP was tested and was btween 100/60 and 110/60. Also my cortisol levels in my adrenal gland was very low,

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Ok, that's different. Yes, high blood sugar can cause nerve damage in the extremities (feet and hands). It's called peripheral neuropathy (numbness, burning sensation, pins and needles feeling). I have that, although the symptoms have decreased since I got my blood glucose under control. Your BP seems low, but ok - I don't think there is a lower limit other than if you are passing out from it being too low. Your blood glucose levels seem to be below diabetic range. However, the real check is how high your blood sugar is about an hour and 2 hours after a meal. The longer it is above 7.8 mmol/L, the more likely nerve damage can occur. What do you normally eat? Lots of bread, rice, potatoes or pasta? That could be raising your blood sugar high enough to cause nerve damage. :bored:

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I did a fasting test and after the glucose my blood levels went from 4.4 up to 8.9 . Then it dropped to 2.4 within about 2hours. My BP was tested and was btween 100/60 and 110/60. Also my cortisol levels in my adrenal gland was very low,
go back to Dr ask about, reactive hypo, where your blood glucose crashes.. he did diagnose this didn't he?
you aren't diabetic by the numbers you posted

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your blood pressure is still in the normal range. Mine averages about 116/67 but goes down to 103 after eating. Anything over 90 (top number) is fine, and as you are not fainting or passing out, there is no problem as low as 90.

I agree with the others. Your blood sugar numbers are normal.

Your pins and needles could be absolutely anything. Tell your GP.

These are the guidelines set by NICE and used by the NHS

Non diabetics before eating 4 to 5.9; 2hrs after eating under 7.8
Type 2's before eating 4 to 7; 2hrs after eating under 8.5