Diabetic pump

Abbygerrardx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, I'm new to this website thingy, so I'm still trying to figure stuff out. I was diagnosed with diabetes type 1 around 2 and a half months ago. Some of the nurses I've seen at clinic have mentioned about the diabetic pump, but they haven't gone into too much detail. I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice, pro's and con's and whether the pump is worth while. Thankyou:))

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'll 'bump' your post up the forum so that you get a few replies.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Abby

Have a look in the Insulin Pump Forum area. Have a read first and then ask any questions in there perhaps?

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hey, I'm new to this website thingy, so I'm still trying to figure stuff out. I was diagnosed with diabetes type 1 around 2 and a half months ago. Some of the nurses I've seen at clinic have mentioned about the diabetic pump, but they haven't gone into too much detail. I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice, pro's and con's and whether the pump is worth while. Thankyou:))
I suspect you mean an insulin pump :) Having a diabetic pump plus your own diabetes to manage would be the pits lol.

Abbygerrardx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've read a few websites about the insulin pimp but I'm not too sure if it seems ideal. Just wondering if anyone had it and could give any advice. Thankyou