Room 101 (like the TV prog)

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
What a revolting individual! He is in. I think Mr Chris might need a bit of a warning with the MILs too, as they could have a word about the sort of company he keeps. Sorry if that is interfering, but I am a MIL myself. Fairly new to it, so need more training before being a fully qualified lecturing one.

I want to see you doing the finger wagging exercises as well as the disapproving look glare, these should be done in front of the mirror for at least 5 mins a day till perfected.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin All,

I would like to put the little green alerts on this forum into 101.

Actually, I'd like to put them into 101 when they can't be bothered to work, and into 010 when they can.

You've all been delightfully busy passing judgement (can't believe that a1c result @satindoll !) and I have missed out on the party cos my wee green flags didn't tell me! o_O

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
I can't be bothered reading through 70 pages...

If no one else has put him/her/it in, then I'm throwing 'God' to the lions

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I can't be bothered reading through 70 pages...

If no one else has put him/her/it in, then I'm throwing 'God' to the lions
Which one?

No discrimination on this site!

My football god has given up on my team!

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Which one?

All of them of course! :D

(What sort of 'all powerful', universe creating thing sits back and watches a bunch of misguided, egotistical assholes and cretins go around beating up or shooting, raping, pillaging, blah, blah... you know, all the ******* things that mankind does in order to extend his/her prestige / circle of power, or 'gives' a child type 1 diabetes, etc., etc., etc.) :bored:

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I shove energy saving light bulbs into Room 101?

There was a time when a bulb would pop and you just grabbed a new 60W bayonet cap and in 10 seconds, job done. Now I have to take the light bulb out shopping with me to make sure I buy the right "equivalent wattage" with the correct fitting on the bottom. I live in a town with 1 huge supermarket and if it doesn't stock what I need I have to order on line or take a drive - for a light bulb! I have a cupboard in my kitchen that is filled with spare bulbs for the fittings in the house. They take up too much space and I've had to label the boxes - it's ridiculous!!! :banghead:

Reactions: 8 people

Janiept

Expert

There was a time when a bulb would pop and you just grabbed a new 60W bayonet cap and in 10 seconds, job done. Now I have to take the light bulb out shopping with me to make sure I buy the right "equivalent wattage" with the correct fitting on the bottom. I live in a town with 1 huge supermarket and if it doesn't stock what I need I have to order on line or take a drive - for a light bulb! I have a cupboard in my kitchen that is filled with spare bulbs for the fittings in the house. They take up too much space and I've had to label the boxes - it's ridiculous!!! :banghead:

Here here!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been mulling over the God Proposal.

I'm going to vote against, I'm afraid. Doesn't feel right.

Reactions: 7 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you thinking of your odds at the pearly gates? Hedging your bets?
Nah.

I don't think (if God exists) that human minds are capable of understanding he/she/it.

I mean, can an ant comprehend the scope of the rain forest? I mean totally understand the whole climate, geography, ecosystem, chemical structure and play of light on every raindrop. Simultaneously. In its subtle, vast, complexity?

And if an ant can't do that, then a human brain can't comprehend the scope of the multiverse, can it?

So I plead ignorance, and agnosticism, and think that condemning he/she/it for things beyond my limited comprehension, is rather like saying 'I blame the sky for my ingrowing toenail'.

Religion, on the other hand...
Well, religion does work on a fallible, ignorant, prejudiced, brutal, bigoted and inane level.
I'd like to see most world religions disappear into the black hole at the back of 101 faster than I can think the thought.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The new piece of hardware I added to our home network, here. I'd been having some conig issues, so elected to do a factory reset of that element. That was 27 hours ago, and it's still going! I read that it could take up to a day, so I'll give it a bit longer before giving it my scariest looking at.

Don't you just love technology?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I want to shove in the local water board, every time they do work on the mains pipes up town we end up with dirty brown water, ok so we flush the pipes but we always end up with grit in the pipes which travels up to the tank in the loft, and yet again we are going to have to get a plumber in to sort out the ball **** in the tank, grrrr, have been on to the water company they say its a few months since we did the work it can't be us, what they tend to forget is we are the last of the line and it takes time for their rotten grit to get to us.

Reactions: 4 people
C

chris lowe

Which one?

Don't know which team you support but I think god has little to do with it, blame the players. Maybe if they got a flat rate of £100 a week and made up the rest of their wages in bonus depending of how well they perform it might focus their minds NB The author claims no particular knowledge of football or its rules

C

chris lowe

Can I put in 48 hour deodorants? Who on earth needs a deodorant that lasts that long. Surely most people would have a minimum of a wash around their armpits if they couldn't be bothered to have a shower/bath. And if people really are that lazy can I put them in as well?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Can I put in 48 hour deodorants? Who on earth needs a deodorant that lasts that long. Surely most people would have a minimum of a wash around their armpits if they couldn't be bothered to have a shower/bath. And if people really are that lazy can I put them in as well?[/Q

You can put in anything you want, specially smelly people yuk

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Don't know which team you support but I think god has little to do with it, blame the players. Maybe if they got a flat rate of £100 a week and made up the rest of their wages in bonus depending of how well they perform it might focus their minds NB The author claims no particular knowledge of football or its rules
I think that it could be the reverse. I support a lower league club, which has one of the lowest budgets in the football league.
As the saying goes- you pay peanuts, you get monkees!
We have a poor squad, and a first time manager and so far it ain't working!
So I am praying to the football gods!
Lol!

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

Bin the 'Energy saving' (flourescent type) and go LED (Light Emitting Diode) - they use even less energy than the 'ES' type, last much longer (they can be switched on and off many more times) and give better lighting options.

Try Lidl, Aldi and Ikea for reasonable prices... and give your old 'ES' type to a neighbour or charity.

C

chris lowe

Jut been over to the Garden Centre and I'd like to put them in twice!!

1. Their tea and coffee is now as expensive as Costa, so I had a moan. One of the staff caught me when I left and told me that they were told to hike the prices because most of the customers are well off pensioner (is there such a thing?) and we can afford it. Just give me time to fire off the complaint to head office.

2. The place is full of Christmas stuff (bah humbug)