Low carbs - help needed please (I think)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I don't know how low your version of low carb is, but... Ive been getting progressively lower for about 9 months now. Started at 60-80g, then reduced to 40-60g, then less than 40, and now 20ish. Felt better with every step.

So, the reason for that preamble, was please, don't be afraid of the fat.
(although, only do more fat if you are v low carbing. fat and carbs REALLY don't make a good combo. that's when the weight gain and the triclycerides, and the cholesterol go wangy)

All my opinion and experience, but not for everyone, I do realise. :)

I'm not afraid of fat ... I'll try anything to correct whatever it is going wrong but no more Guinness. Maybe just a couple of glasses of red wine?

Reactions: 6 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I am fairly new to this low carb diet and have had type 2 for two an half years now, my doc said take these ( 500 strength metformin mornings and after dinner, just lose some weight and all will be well... My initial blood test was18! Now after finding you all here and getting sound advice , i have lost 26 lbs and feeling much better , my blood is now down to 4.9 fasting and 6 after meals , i have been spreading the word where ever i go and helped a few people see how to look after. Their diabetes by directing them here and sharing all your very good advice , so thank you one and all .

Reactions: 8 people