insulin pump

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hello guys, i am going to be put onto the insulin pump in two weeks , my diabetes is all over the place at the moment, does any one that has an insulin pump think it is better for them??

Reactions: 3 people

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
DEFINATELY I do shifts and had control all over the place now I have a stable hba1c 7.2 stable retinopathy and the energy to go swimming every day

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Great news badbrogs21, not a pump user myself but you rarely read about anyone wanting to give them back.

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
how does it work ?? because im on tresiba insulin atm do they give u a diffrent insulin with the pump?

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
DEFINATELY I do shifts and had control all over the place now I have a stable hba1c 7.2 stable retinopathy and the energy to go swimming every day
thats good for your hb1c mines runing at 13% needs to get it down hopfully this pump works wonders for me:)

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
thanks im just a bit nervous having a needle constantly in me

Understand your nervousness, but surely having a cannula inserted is better than injecting insulin multiple times a day, I'm fast moving towards the idea of an insulin pump for that very reason, I was looking at the Omnipod pump and really would love to try something like that, no tubing sounds ideal :)

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Do you know what pump you are getting ?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
thanks im just a bit nervous having a needle constantly in me

Its not a needle which is in you its a very small plastic tube. VERY small. My Hba1c is down from 10-7.7 in less than a year. I dont notice it and it doesnt bother me. I love it.

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The sets can be small teflon cannula rather than steel needles you get the choice to a degree the insulin you use will be the same you use a vial and a syringe to fill a cartridge the needle then detaches from th syringe to be placed into the pump

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Understand your nervousness, but surely having a cannula inserted is better than injecting insulin multiple times a day, I'm fast moving towards the idea of an insulin pump for that very reason, I was looking at the Omnipod pump and really would love to try something like that, no tubing sounds ideal :)
they said thats the pump has blue tooth to your device so it will be much easier and ye i no i take 8 injections a day im just nervous that ill catch it or it will fall out or people will notice it threw my clothes

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
they said thats the pump has blue tooth to your device so it will be much easier and ye i no i take 8 injections a day im just nervous that ill catch it or it will fall out or people will notice it threw my clothes

The pumps are very discreet now, but anyway, does it matter if people notice it, insulin is what keeps us alive.

As to catching the tubing and such, the pump people on the forum will advise you on that, if I were looking for advice on dealing with pumps I'd look no further than this forum, there's some very experienced and knowledgeable pumpers around who are only to happy to offer their advice