hba1c

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm afraid that 81 means very high, you have some work to do. But you are not in an impossible situation, many others, including my husband, have brought down levels like this to normal, non-diabetic levels, using nothing more than a low carb diet.
Good luck and do ask as many questions as you need to.
Sally

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm sorry to say but I'm afraid it looks that way my Hba1c was slightly lower than yours when I was diagnosed.
Did you have a fasting blood test

That said if you are with a little work you can soon get them down to an acceptable level

Reactions: 2 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
See the conversion below. 81 mmol/mol is pretty high and at the top of the amber zone... It means you need to make some serious changes to your life style I am afraid. Your GP will likely wish to put you on medication as well You can turn this around fairly quickly and there are several approaches. I went from 91 to 40 (well in the green) in 3 months but it takes effort and dedication. You can read my journey for an idea in the link in my signature

upload_2014-10-23_18-51-7.png

carl67

hi all im new to this so please bear with me,i was diagnosed t2 in feb this year,im 47..5,5 in height.and 90kg.i had a hba1c result in june which was 58mmol.i done another 1 last week because i complained to my diabetic nurse im always tired.anyway the results came back as 81,which has slightly worried me...i do test my blood my readings before i was put on gliclazide were btween 12 and 20...now my readings are fasting around 7.8 to 8.5...and before bed 9.5 to 11....my medications are 2000mg metformin.80 mg gliclazide..10mg ramiprill. and 40mg of simvastatin..ps after 8 hours of graft the last thing i wanna do is excercise..hope this is helpfull response

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Carl
You need to try and get your sugars down I can understand what you mean when you say after a hard days graft you don't want to exercise I'm in the same boat.
What's a typical days meals for you what sort of food are you eating

Reactions: 2 people

carl67

truthfully i will have a bacon,egg,sausage...or a bacon,egg,mushroom.for breakfast...dinner i will have probably just a corn beef or cheese sandwich.then when im home its just whatever was but not so much now...takeouts but this has been cut down to once maybe twice a week
meat n 2 veg not a great deal of potatoes....