AGONY - followed by nice comment !!

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Didn't have as good a night last night, I have one last diazepam to take today as that was only for two days (due to it being addictive) going to save that for tonight I think, still have codeine one four times a day so hoping it gets me through!
Trying to rest before and after work allie - I'm not off until Monday though, not one to do "sickies" and it's the worst week with one colleague on holiday and management off until Sunday too! Typical !

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Took my last diazepam last night.....dare I say this morning it seems easier, going to try and not take the codeine today too, fingers crossed! I recall being told it can cause you to not "visit the loo every day" and for the last two days that has been true- think it's changed during the night though ( am I being diplomatic enough here?!!) Imodium in my bag for work later ; )

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
Sciatic pain! Ooh, it's just the worst thing. I have seen a grown woman screaming with this, who had three babies with less pain.
Keep taking the pills and try to keep moving. In my experience it stops quite suddenly.
By the way, you are not on statins are you? They can trigger horrendous back pain in some people.

C

chris lowe

Mr Chris swears by accupuncture when his back is playing up. The muscles in his lower back seem to cramp up causing terrible pain, he can releive it a bit with one of those heat patches that stick on the back (though a hot water bottle or one of thos microwave wheaties will do just as well) until he can get to the clinic. Hope it's starting to ease up for you. If not, back to doc for a checkover.

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sciatic pain! Ooh, it's just the worst thing. I have seen a grown woman screaming with this, who had three babies with less pain.
Keep taking the pills and try to keep moving. In my experience it stops quite suddenly.
By the way, you are not on statins are you? They can trigger horrendous back pain in some people.
No, not on statins. My pain threshold is quiet good - I did say the pain was worse than Labour (my second born was 8.13 1/2 and was a breeze with just three minutes pushing!) Haven't taken any codeine today and it's on-air so far, just the iffy tummy still !

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No, not on statins. My pain threshold is quiet good - I did say the pain was worse than Labour (my second born was 8.13 1/2 and was a breeze with just three minutes pushing!) Haven't taken any codeine today and it's on-air so far, just the iffy tummy still !
Best of luck. Back pain is not fun. It's the reason I stopped taking my metformin, terrible muscle cramps in my back with huge physical knots! Lasted for weeks and kept getting worst day by day. As soon as I stopped the meds, pain subsided. Hope you're pain free soon!

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not on metformin Marko so I know it's not that, it's the same as what exploded out of the blue two years ago too. Had a disturbed night as the pain started again, got up and took codeine and then slept virtually upright rest on the night, may have to ring surgery tomorrow about some more diazepam for a couple of days at this rate!

alliebee

Morning Kimbo. Sorry to hear you had another rough night. Back pain is one of the worst things to suffer from at night. Hope today is a bit easier for you

C

chris lowe

Forgot to mention, Mr Chris also uses a TENS machine sometimes, you can get them fairly cheaply from places like Lloyds Chemist(Ifind theyr'e oftem cheaper than Boots). You can set them to whatever sequence is best for your pain, but he uses it mostly on a massage/tapping cycle. Mind you I did that on my shoulder once and nearly jumped out of my skin when it started tapping.:)

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
Wow, what a whopper of a baby,. I think you are looking at the origin of your back pain right there! She was born fast you say, so your pelvis opened and closed very fast, no gradual stretching of the ligaments. That happened to me and it leaves you with a slightly wobbly pelvis, so the sciatic area can go into spasm really easily.
I also use a TENS machine and they are great. Also ibruprofen gel.
If you can calm the pain down the muscle will stop spasming.
The other thing that helps is acupuncture. That really works. also massage by a good chiropractor or osteopath (never go to one who manipulates your person cold, without prior massage)