Anonymous Question Am I still type 2?

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
No, unless you have lost your pancreas surgically or by autoimmune reactions you still should be type 2.

neilalastair

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the western high carb diet.
I started out as type 2. I was fat and over 40 so the doctor said it was type 2 . I got my diet under control lost a load of weight and reversed the condition and put my lifestyle into a place where I was basically acting as if I had more of an intolerance to carbs and i ate accordingly. All good until they found a 3cm tumor on my pancreas and they took 2/3 of my pancreas out. Now I am on insulin and technically I am still type 2 according to my doctors notes. But clearly the lack of insulin production is what it at play. There just too many shades of diabetes to put it down to type 1 or 2 . Just get to know your body what it can do in terms of dealing with sugar and eat accordingly . If eating becomes too restrictive then using insulin is the way to go but beware of the weight gain . Eating "normally" leads to looking normal and normal nowadays is just plain fat .. :)

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Current naming convention (types) describe WHY you have diabetes, not how it's being treated. So if you were diagnosed t2 because of insulin resistance then you're t2,no matter if controlled by diet, pills or insulin. T1 is caused by autoimmune reaction where your body destroys insulin-making cells. There are also many other types, like described above "secondary diabetes" caused by removal of pancreas.

In short, you're still t2, just controlled by insulin,not pills/diet.