Just back from field with the pup!

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
A good shampooing, a swim in the river, and a thorough grooming by "the senior collie" and she is fine!
Thanks Everyone!

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Just back from field with the pup! Little blighter anointed her neck with poop! Had to clean her up1 Not sure if it was badger or fox. Admitting that will probably open me up to alegations that I "don't know schitt!":woot::woot:
My name is willie, I'm a member of "Daft Mutt Rolling in Fox Poo Anonymous"
My daft mutt has been free of fox poo smell for one year now, I'm very proud of her.

Hah, it's all part and parcel of being a dog lover, isn't it FergusCrawford, but that
smell is, as other members have mentioned, aaaawful, triple aaaawful, even.
I can still smell it as I type. :yuck: :playful:

Thanks for the memory. :joyful:

weewillie
fdf.gif

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm in my 60's and still have nightmares about my childhood dog rolling on dead mutton birds washed up on the beach. I will never forget how ghastly that smell was :hungover:

Reactions: 4 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
My name is willie, I'm a member of "Daft Mutt Rolling in Fox Poo Anonymous"
My daft mutt has been free of fox poo smell for one year now, I'm very proud of her.

Hah, it's all part and parcel of being a dog lover, isn't it FergusCrawford, but that
smell is, as other members have mentioned, aaaawful, triple aaaawful, even.
I can still smell it as I type. :yuck: :playful:

Thanks for the memory. :joyful:

weewillie
fdf.gif
@WeeWillie
Check your old shoe sole !:***::hungover: I clean mine more than once a year!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
By far the worst smell from a dog is when they get their anal glands squeezed.

My dog was dragging his backside on the floor and the vet said he needed his anal glands done, she said it might be a bit smelly:rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Worst smell was the last walk before we sent the dogs home to do quarantine from Tenerife. One of them dissapeared and we were getting panicked when she showed up l think we smelt her 10 mins before we saw her. She was covered in a thick scum of fat that dripped and stunk.

Hub and the other 2 dogs just about ran and the brat and l did a walk of shame to the flats. Here was a problem Lift to 4th floor was confined and what if some one stopped it ... you couldn't breath around her and a tiny lift was not going to be fun, or walk the stairs 4 floors and that was slow.
We took the lift neither of us breathed then up onto the roof (flat terrace) and hose down took about 3 bottles of shampoo and all our washing up liquid finally got her sorted ... she flew out that night smelling like a boudoir!

In Tenerife there was/is no environmental laws so there was it turned out a dump near us where butchers and fish and chip shops etc etc dumped the old fat. In the sun and heat this became well the smell to end all smells and the brat found it :hungover:

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.

Chris P Bacon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apparently they roll in their poop to mask their own smell therefore making it easier to hunt them, my beagle did it all the time, he could even manage I quick drop if he was on his stretchy lead grrrr but boy did he love hunting foxes

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By far the worst smell from a dog is when they get their anal glands squeezed.
I know a Cavalier breeder who used to squeeze her own dogs' glands: one time her position with respect to said glands was a bit unfortunate and she ended up with a face full....:eek:

Apparently they roll in their [foxes] poop to mask their own smell ...

My Rufus was a very nervous dog and he used to roll in any stinky poo or gunk he could find - I believe it was definitely to disguise his own scent, but rather to hide his doggy self from being chased by other dogs - a sort of scented camouflage. He wasn't too bright and his logic ( or maybe my reasoning for his actions) was a bit off. He only ever chased cats and his ball or anything else I'd throw for him.

Here he is on holiday in Cornwall in the 1980s, debating a roll in a seagull carcass to re-perfume himself after a nice swim...

stinky_Rufus.jpg

"It's mine I found it - don't' you dare stop me rolling in it, mum!"

Robbity

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I know a Cavalier breeder who used to squeeze her own dogs' glands: one time her position with respect to said glands was a bit unfortunate and she ended up with a face full....:eek:

How awful for her :D

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My little ones are Saluki's and will tiptoe around puddles ... They would not dream of rolling in anything .. Guess I am luckie .... There has to be a plus side to being a saluki :angelic:

Reactions: 3 people