About timing of diabetes medication

Kaha

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrite
I had been on 1000/50 Janumet one in the morning and one in the evening ( after break fast and dinner ) . In the recent past (3-6 months period) my doctor had added additional Metormin 500 to take after lunch (noon) and lastly (in September ) he added Diamicron 30 that is prescribed in addition to Janumet after breakfast . All these increases were aimed at bringing down to less than 7.0% my last HbA1c ( 7.2% in Sept 14, and 7.4% in July 14) .I had been taking the additional medication as per advice of the doctor . Recently, I noticed some improvements in daily BS levels (except for fasting sugar level that varies in the range from 7.0 to 8.0 with occasional number of less than 7.0 ). Before lunch/ dinner readings vary in the range of 5-6 or close to 7 sometimes .
I am concerned about the timing of additional medication those are added in the morning and lunch times . May be to fight with fasting sugar level ,additional medication could be prescribed after dinner /before bedtime (??) . Just thinking whether this makes sense or not .
I will share my concerns during my next appointment with the doctor, but however would like to hear /get shared vies with experienced forum members ,so that I have enough points for me to understand the chemistry of the medications before I approach for review by the doctor