Reusing Pump's tubing and Reservoir?

kittywolf85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, I don't know who remember's my latest and first massage here - but i'm back. :)

I was just hooked up to my Animas Vibe 5 days ago. and so far.... really happy! My Mood is better - and i feel a little better in general. :)
I just gave in the paper's and i hope to get the D4 from Dexcom (hook's up to the the Animas vibe). GSM systems are not approved for everyone here.... but if you are a women with T1 and want to get pregnant - they will approve it for that. (also for severe cases of hypos....).

My values have gone done.
My basal went down from 50 to 39.
My Boules went from around 130-150 to 90-100.
and the correction went from 50 to 27 on average.

So..... I'm some what green. :)
I used the regular pen and not the disposal ones and now I now that I'm going to be reusing the Reservoir for the insulin pump.
I have the Animas Vibe - and i was wondering if anybody reuses es the inset.... and if it's even possible....

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Its not recommended to reuse insets, the insulin crystallises in the tubing after a while which is why most suppliers recommend its changed every 2-3 days with the cannula. Why are you thinking about reusing it, you should be supplied plenty of them to last you.

As for the reservoir I'm not sure what your asking, in my pump the reservoir has to be changed every 6 days or before as its plastic and this plastic can leech back into the insulin.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I answered your question in the other thread you started. :)
I do have to ask though, why would anyone want to stick an old needle or tethlon tube back in them anyway?
You need to change the tubing every time you change your cartridge.
With the amount of insulin you use why on earth were you given an animas vibe it only holds 200 units at a time?

kittywolf85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:-D.
why animas? because I had a choice between 2 pumps and the animas is water resistant and the other one isn't. :)