Freestyle Libre showing mg/dl ?

diamondnostril

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello . . .

A specific question to those Freestyle Libre early-adopters:

Is it possible to configure the Libre to show measurements in mg/dl ? Or are models sold in UK fixed to show only in mmol/l ?

The background is that I am in Germany where the Libre seems to be currently unavailable**. I would very much like to try out this machine for myself, and can easily get it delivered to UK family address before getting it shipped out here.

But having been out here for so long I am thinking only in mg/dl and would like for the measurements to be displayed as such. I know that on most machines you can configure it how you want - but I notice that the Libre has only 1 button, so I wondered if it was possible?

Can anyone advise?

Thanks & Regards,
Antony

** If anyone knows different, please tell me :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've just had a check on mine and there doesn't seem to be a way to modify this setting. Having said that, if you multiply by 18 you'll get the value...

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No it isn't possible. I live in France and use mg/dl also and was told this when I asked before they were released . (they came out a little earlier in the UK) You can change languages on the set up for the software , I was able to set mine up in English but I don't think you can change the unit there either.

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Unlikely, since mg/dl are the units used in the US where the meter is not available.

diamondnostril

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think the Libre is available in Germany, it's listed at 169,90 € on http://www.freestylelibre.de/de-kit-product-mg.html

A-ha! :)

Thank you, Mr Details!

My mistake was to start from the Abbott .co.uk page . . . when I clicked on the FreeStyle Libre product it linked to a page saying that this is not available in my location . . . hmm . . . I guess this is telling me that the mmol/l configured machine is not available in Germany? Not sure . . .

Anyway, if I start from the .de homepage then I can link to the FreeStyle Libre mg/dl machine no problem, and pop it in my basket if I wish . . . thanks! :)

Regards,
Antony