To all the hard-core LCHFs out there

Fishtoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't find a veggie low carb diet restrictive at all and have a non-diabetic hba1c. I think @Enclave is in the same boat as me and he eats like a king by all accounts :) So it is do-able, just saying. Your choice.
Hi Avocado x7.......I'm not a vegetarian but follow a modified Dr Fuhrman's diet with some animal protein, and a plate of vegetables with every meal including breakfast!....have always been a bit puzzled about sufficiency of protein in a vege diet...nuts seed, legumes? and 7 avocados presumably? :p!Would be grateful for more knowledge....if you could put it in a nutshell.please (..walnut?) am also posting this to Enclave...I think...don't understand how this forum works at present...

Ah...I see you do have some animal protein.( goat's cheese) .what a relief I'm muddling vege with vegan, sorry , my mistake!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Hi there! I'm going to eat normalish on Christmas Day. Things I normally don't have will be one roastie, a Yorkshire pudding, one mince pie and Christmas pudd. I will really, really miss grapes with my Stilton and Christmas cake with my Wensleydale. :( This is my first Christmas as a known diabetic. The doc knew I had it last October but didn't tell me I had it until January 28th!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Avocado x7.......I'm not a vegetarian but follow a modified Dr Fuhrman's diet with some animal protein, and a plate of vegetables with every meal including breakfast!....have always been a bit puzzled about sufficiency of protein in a vege diet...nuts seed, legumes? and 7 avocados presumably? :p!Would be grateful for more knowledge....if you could put it in a nutshell.please (..walnut?) am also posting this to Enclave...I think...don't understand how this forum works at present...

Ah...I see you do have some animal protein.( goat's cheese) .what a relief I'm muddling vege with vegan, sorry , my mistake!
You can either reply to a person's post and they will be notified (a number will come up in the flag at the top right hand corner of their screen) or you can type an @ sign before their name which will also send them an alert. This is called tagging. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 people

Fishtoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can either reply to a person's post and they will be notified (a number will come up in the flag at the top right hand corner of their screen) or you can type an @ sign before their name which will also send them an alert. This is called tagging. Hope this helps!
Thank you..that certainly helps! and congratulations on the weight loss...

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you..that certainly helps! and congratulations on the weight loss...
Thank you! If you click on the envelope by the flag, you can have private conversations too. This can be with several people or just one. It is not public viewing but obviously people could choose to share that info with others.

Fishtoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you! If you click on the envelope by the flag, you can have private conversations too. This can be with several people or just one. It is not public viewing but obviously people could choose to share that info with others.
Thank you again...

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hi, no I am not vegan, but there are vegan T2s successfully managing their diabetes. Been vegetarian 38 years and T2 nearly one year. I'm loving the LCHF food. I have just posted to someone else about what I eat on this thread if your interested

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/lchf-vegetarian.67844/

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Fishtoo

Personally, I would be very interested to hear what your reservations are on ketosis and ketosis reliant diets.

As a doctor, if you were monitoring someone on LCHF, what health indicators would you be concerned with and want to track?

Thank you

Pavlos

Reactions: 6 people

Doriand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Political Correctness
Hi all - just a question for those of you experienced LCHFs: I have been medium - low carb for a while but for the last 10 days eating less than 30g cho. My readings have been amazing & I feel great so inspiration to continue. My question is - what do you do when Christmas comes? Or you dine out? Or say, were asked for afternoon tea? These all provide a challenge - I'm also veggie but considering eating fish after 23years! Any tips would be super - thank you.
Hi Medusa, Sorry I can't offer any suggestions but I do share your problems....I'm having Christmas dinner with the in-laws and they are super traditional! While the turkey and veg are great, it's gonna be a problem with the plum pud with brandy sauce, christmas cake and port....They make a great effort in preparing the meal and don't get me wrong, it is delicious, and refusing to partake is out of the question! (I hate sleeping in the couch!!!) Best of luck with your endeavors and best wishes for the festive season!!!!