Kidney damage from protein !

sonaarora

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am 65 kg and have joined the gym and want to gain muscles .. how much grams of protein should i eat a day that it has no effect on my kidneys ??

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am 65 kg and have joined the gym and want to gain muscles .. how much grams of protein should i eat a day that it has no effect on my kidneys ??
Are you saying you already have kidney disease, or are worried that you will eat too much protein and develop kidney disease?

If the former then you'd need to take professional medical advice rather than a forum like this.

Kerr1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes...
If it is just worry then you would have to consume a lot to do any damage. I work in a sports centre and people take protein and worse with no issue. I think the recommendation is about 1.5 - 2g of protein per kg of bodyweight. I was taking a minimum of 150g per day when I was playing rugby but I'm 100 odd kg lol

Try and get as much as you can from food sources rather than shakes. Just use shakes when your unable to eat proper food.

Don't eat any more than 30g per sitting because your body can only absorb so much.

Cheers
Craig

emiliano

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin