IBS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My daughter was diagnosed with IBS a few years ago when she was in Junior school ( she's 14 now) her pain was awful at times and so upsetting to see a child in so much pain and 'toilet problems'. She takes Dicycloverine Hydrochloride tablets at breakfast and this has helped. She is not diabetic, but I am.

RRB

dan12321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had ibs type symptoms a few years before i was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, i thought once i got my blood sugars sorted my ibs would settle, its actually got worse, was tested for coeliac and came back negative, recently been prescribed mebeverine to help with the ibs, if youre type 1 and have any digestive problems etc. you should definitely be tested for coeliac to rule that out

reamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been tested and it came back negative for celiac. Since trying the fodmap diet I've cut gluten and lactose out of my diet. It helps a lot. However to have myself tested now I need to reintroduce the two to my diet and it's just not worth the pain.

I just want an answer. Someone to tell me "do this and it will just go away"

keishamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been diagnosed with Gastroperisis. Ive been diabetic T1 for 7 years now and I get such bad tummy pains and bloating cant eat certain food and they firstly put it down to IBS and then when I was determind that it wasnt they started testing for other things and finslly they decided it was gatroperisis which is the top of my stomach is slightly paralizing meaning i cant digest food normally which causes the pain and the bloating. I was told this can all be related to the diabetes x