BS readings

alliebee

I was initially dx and put on insulin. I found I was just needing more and more. I was 4 stone overweight and lost 2 stone and was able to come off insulin. Then I got a bit complacent and came back to rhe forum started lchf and lost the other 2 stone and here I am

Reactions: 6 people

alliebee

Alliebee, I often make gram flour pancakes, I add grated courgette, onion and spices to the batter. Same batter as you would use for onion bajies but add more water, ice cold water seems to make the batter lighter.

I made some this evening and fried the pancakes in Coconut oil, and had side dish of mushrooms & couple thin slices of Halluomi again fried in coconut oil. I couldn't wait to open this huge tub and the coconut aroma is divine :hungry:
Ooh yum. They sound lovely. Thankyou. I'll try these

mat1uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@alliebee and all other members if you want indian cooking dishes I would be more than glad to provide you with recipes, I was a person who could spend hours making something or other but since diagnosed I dont go much in as I dont feel like eating with so many restrictions and if I have a piece of something that is high carb I beat myself for whole day for having it, although a lot of times it might not have raised me a lot at all.
I find the sauces do not give the same taste, I have my spice rack and I have a whole cupboard full of spices whole, crushed everything.
View attachment 8485 View attachment 8486 View attachment 8487 View attachment 8488 View attachment 8490

View attachment 8481 View attachment 8482
oh god please think you just made my year

Reactions: 4 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What I will do then in that case is start a thread and put all my recipes on there what I make now, not a lot though as choices are so limited but I love spinach paneer and make it every week to last for 3 days and my wife is ****** off with eating spinach everyday but definitely I will work on a thread for LCHF or LCLF recipes what I have or I use.

Hi brettsza, I could eat spinach paneer every single day... My favourite subjee of all time :hungry:

Are you able to eat roti or paratha or do you find they cause a spike?

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi brettsza, I could eat spinach paneer every single day... My favourite subjee of all time :hungry:

Are you able to eat roti or paratha or do you find they cause a spike?
I eat 1 wholemeal roti in afternoon and 1 for dinner but I try and skip in the afternoon. If I do I eat two in the night just to make up :) my bs is ok after that spikes by about .5 after two hours. But I only use wholemeal. My roti is about 15 to 20g carb so I am able to eat 2 easy

Reactions: 3 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I eat 1 wholemeal roti in afternoon and 1 for dinner but I try and skip in the afternoon. If I do I eat two in the night just to make up :) my bs is ok after that spikes by about .5 after two hours. But I only use wholemeal. My roti is about 15 to 20g carb so I am able to eat 2 easy
I think you have half the forum members Drooling over the keyboards. The other half have yet to find this thread.
smilie011.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

mat1uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
here we go again pre dinner 4.7
1hr 6.1
2hrs tested twice 4.4 and 4.2

For dinner this evening
2 x 4 oz 100% beef burgers
home made potato wedges ( 2 medium potatoes cut into wedges boiled for 5 mins then in oven for 20 mins sprayed
with one cal frylight olive oil)
steamed peas carrots and broccoli
1 pint of coors lite

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I've just noticed your hba1c figures in your signature ... That's a Fantastic achievement in just 3 months :) Well Done!

May I ask how you did you get your figures so low? Did you eat low carb indian food? Or something else?

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
here we go again pre dinner 4.7
1hr 6.1
2hrs tested twice 4.4 and 4.2

For dinner this evening
2 x 4 oz 100% beef burgers
home made potato wedges ( 2 medium potatoes cut into wedges boiled for 5 mins then in oven for 20 mins sprayed
with one cal frylight olive oil)
steamed peas carrots and broccoli
1 pint of coors lite
I think I'd be happy with that.;)

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm British Indian and love cooking indian food. In fact since I'm cutting down on carbs I'm gearing more and more towards simple and delicious Indian cooking made fragrant with herbs and spices. I've a lot to learn what's low carb and not.... The research begins :happy::happy:

alliebee

@ally1. Hi there are you feeling any better Ally? I saw you are taking cough medicine and concerned at the sugar in it? You were right its full of it. But you can get sugar free cough medicine in most pharmacies

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ally, Robitussun cough medicines are sugar free and sort out chesty or dry coughs
Hope you feel better real soon

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonight's salad it's tomatoes carrots cucumber avacado some cheddar cheese beetroot lettuce olives and jalapeños with some olive oil black pepper and salt. Just came back to see my figure at 4 :) will have salad and some roasted chicken and that's it.
Rose yes just loads of low carb Indian food and massive help from everyone here on the forum so credit goes to them more than me.

Attachments

• IMG_20141127_200708.jpg
    IMG_20141127_200708.jpg
    680.2 KB · Views: 137

xendistar

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Evening all, been awol for a few days but I am back now

5.3 before dinner 7 after dinner and that did include a few chips

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Late today, been to pub,

Fasting & BF Breakfast 4.8
1hr 7.8* Bacon Fried Egg 1 Slice of seed sensations*.
2hr 5.2
B Lunch 4.7 Ryvita Crispbread, Spread with Philadelphia Thick ham off the bone, mustard, 6/7 olives Tomato & Avocado & Mayo
1hr 5.8
2hr 5.3
B Dinner 4.7 Omelette 2 egg sm milk, Bacon x 2 rasher, 2 mushrooms in butter, 3/4 tin plumb tomato 2 (tin said total 8 carbs), 1/2 slice of bread & butter 1/2 slice fried bread.
1hr 6.4 25 minute walk fairly brisk
2hr 7.3 2 pints of beer
3.5hr 6.6 Total 3.5 pints of beer.

I am really pleased with this, a few experiments here, eating the bread, and then having the beer (Doonbar)

See what the bedtime and fasting bring tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people