Panicking

Geminigirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spicy food
Hi all, since I last posted I have been on the Glimpiride, having increased to 2mg per night now, gradually going to 4. Seems to be working well. Eye problems have gone.
Saw a different nurse yesterday who was rude as hell, told me because I have Diabetes I am at same risk of heat attack and stroke as if I had already had one. I advised I am seeing the dietician and on an eating plan! trying my hardest. Yes I am overweight but don't drink or smoke.
She didn't seem to look at the screen to see what meds I am on etc, talked to me all way through taking my BP then said it was far, far too high. It's was 140/90. That is high for me but I was stressed and do get white coat syndrome! She said I need to see GP. Then she literally in her words said there weren't any appts until "doomsday" so she will put me on list for a home monitoring BP machine ASAP.
She took a blood test to check liver function and my cholesterol ( I am on Simvastatin 40mg with no ill effects) and signed off by saying oh well how depressing, I expect I have ruined yr day!
I got a call this morning from surgery to say duty GP thinks my cholesterol is " way to high , and no, I can't be told what it is over phone" and that GP had left me a new prescription. I collected it and its for 40mg Atorvastatin. I have read leaflet and I am scared stiff, it is scaring me with all the side effects and the fact it says it can increase BG in Diabetics and affect people on Thyroxine ( which I am) I don't know what to do. I just feel like giving up, I feel I am so many meds now and the prospect of a BP med as well, I can't face this. My husband and daughter are moaning at me as I read the leaflet but I always do because that's what it's for!
I just feel as though I am on a death sentence and just feel like packing it all in and if I snuff it I snuff it!
Please help!

Thanks