GLUCO Rx MIni Meter - a warning to PHL & HGV licence holders.

Scannan1947

Hi folks
I was recently asked to switch 'on cost grounds' to the above meter. I am currently trying to get my PHL back, and had the 'consultants interview' last Thursday. As you may be aware you have to provide 3 months readings in downloadable form. It came as something of a shock to be told that the above meter is not compatible with NHS readers (at least in Surrey!). Fortunately I had my old 'Beyer' meter with me and they were able to get sufficient readings off it. So IF you are offered one of these meters - check with your Diabetic Clinic first as to whether they CAN read it. With the hoops we have to jump through, a three-month delay is financially disastrous. All I've got to do now is to 'pursuade' my GP to provide me with the older strips. Words like 'Gross negligence '(I assume they never researched the meter or took professional advice) and disability discrimination/restriction on lifestyle come to mind...
Regards

Scanman

Reactions: 3 people

denbo

Hi folks
I was recently asked to switch 'on cost grounds' to the above meter. I am currently trying to get my PHL back, and had the 'consultants interview' last Thursday. As you may be aware you have to provide 3 months readings in downloadable form. It came as something of a shock to be told that the above meter is not compatible with NHS readers (at least in Surrey!). Fortunately I had my old 'Beyer' meter with me and they were able to get sufficient readings off it. So IF you are offered one of these meters - check with your Diabetic Clinic first as to whether they CAN read it. With the hoops we have to jump through, a three-month delay is financially disastrous. All I've got to do now is to 'pursuade' my GP to provide me with the older strips. Words like 'Gross negligence '(I assume they never researched the meter or took professional advice) and disability discrimination/restriction on lifestyle come to mind...
Regards

Scanman
Yes Bayer contour r the best holds a lot ov memory as us diabetics av to do a bloods very regular especially bein a hgv driver