Morning Readings

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
been type 2 and the fact i get no sodding help from the NHS at all
Hi

what is a good morning reading on the test strips for blood sugar ?

steve

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ok got 5.5 this morning. not really done morning tests before

Reactions: 2 people

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I guess I'm
Not really eating well at all for weeks now so it must be a miracle

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
Hi Steve mine seem to be anything from 4.9 - 5.5 this is good for me as they were between 6 -6.5.
Good luck with testing.

image.jpg

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
does it really depend on what you have been eating latley or is that irrelevant with the morning test

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I think it depends on what you have eaten the day/night before!I have been reducing my carb intake so for me my levels in the morning have got lower.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ive been eating **** for weeks now. i think that i have self destructive issues. im very un happy at the moment work and other stuff and i binge. but even with that my readings are always about 5.5 to 6 whenever i test.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
ive been eating **** for weeks now. i think that i have self destructive issues. im very un happy at the moment work and other stuff and i binge. but even with that my readings are always about 5.5 to 6 whenever i test.

I think most of us hit that button from time to time I still have the odd bad day as we are only human.
It doesn't help if you are unhappy as like you said you hit the self destruct button without thinking of the long term problems to your health.
Do you test before you go to bed or just in the mornings?
I know we all deal with things differently when we are unhappy is there someone you can talk to about your issues,as talking about them tends to get it off your chest.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
i was diagnosed last oct and i tested all the time then, but i found no matter what i did my readings were normal. so i stopped as they are pricey the strips. i had my 12 month Hba1c test the other day. get my results tomorrow. i guess im panicing about the results so started testing again. i fear that it will have gone through the roof. i only tested the morning for the first time today

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Well then you are lucky. Things probably won't stay like this though unless you put in the effort to change your diet and maybe exercise too. If you really can't stop bingeing you may need to consider counselling. Most of us find that the less carbs we eat , the less we want them, so it's worth putting the effort in before diabetes harms your health. You could possibly keep your BG readings at 'normal' levels at all times with a bit of effort.

All the advice in the world won't help you though until you really decide to take it all on board.

edit: It looks like you could have been a little complacent. Even if you are not diabetic, isn't it worth eating better for your general health?

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
it is crazy when i was diagnosed i was a saint and i did eat very very well and exeercsied loads. like ran 3 miles per day. but never really lost any weight and only a little bit round my middle. ive been good most the year. but just gone of the rails. i will be doing the LCHF diet for sure just making notes on it now. what i can cant have etx

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
i was diagnosed last oct and i tested all the time then, but i found no matter what i did my readings were normal. so i stopped as they are pricey the strips. i had my 12 month Hba1c test the other day. get my results tomorrow. i guess im panicing about the results so started testing again. i fear that it will have gone through the roof. i only tested the morning for the first time today

I have only been diagnosed now for about 8 weeks,my doctor gave me a monitor and strips had my nurse yesterday and she said when my strips run out just come back for a prescription,from what I have been reading throughout the forum a lot of patients don't get this from there doctor/nurse.
Your test will be interesting to see when it comes back,hopefully you have not done to much damage.I think you should start to test more and watch what you eat as it will make you feel better within yourself.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
i know and the stupid thing is i was doing that. sometimes i think im an idiot and in denial

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
i know and the stupid thing is i was doing that. sometimes i think im an idiot and in denial

Try not to be to harsh on yourself we all make mistakes some bigger than others but you can turn it around.definately sounds like you have been in denial about your situation,twice now I have had to ask the doctor and DN nurse are they sure I am diabetic unfortunately the tests don't lie it is something that we just have to accept and do the best we can for our selfs,it maybe worth starting at the beginning again starting with your diet and health checks,put what you have done to yourself in the past and plan the new you yes it is hard but the benefits will out way the negatives in the future.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
your right i know you are. and christmas is the hardest time to do it too. mainly i want to loose weigh been hard at it all year and not lost a bit. this i find most bizzare as 4 years ago i dieted and lost 4.5 stone. now working harder than then have lost only 4lb all year. Crazy or what, my doc said i should just go get the gastric bypass

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
your right i know you are. and christmas is the hardest time to do it too. mainly i want to loose weigh been hard at it all year and not lost a bit. this i find most bizzare as 4 years ago i dieted and lost 4.5 stone. now working harder than then have lost only 4lb all year. Crazy or what, my doc said i should just go get the gastric bypass

I am looking at Christmas as just another day when it comes to eating I will be having one mince pie that will be my treat,I have lost 91b so far by eating low carb.Are you trying low carb I have read a lot of people have lost a fair amount of weight.
I personally would give the low carb a try instead of the gastric bypass also bear in mind if you have lost weight before you can do it again,you know the reason yourself why you have only lost 4 1bs this year you have eaten what you have liked,this is not an attack on you by the way you have just let is slip.I know I will have struggles but I am not going to put all the weight back on and undo all the hard work I have put in looks like it is going to be a full time job for all of us.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
i have just spoke to my doctors receptionist and she said that my 12 month HBA1c test results were 6% 42 mmol? what is this

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
From the way you eat and your numbers, either your meter is broken or you don't have diabetes.