NovoPen 5

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Soooooooo I am on the pump but I do need a new insulin pen...and I have seen the new novopen 5 and well it looks pretty cool and snazzy ( im sooo sad haha) anyway, is it pretty much the same as the NovoPen 4 would my cartridges still fit etc. And who would I go to see to get one???

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Oooo and then there is the NovoPen Echo....although that says it is designed for kids!

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven't seen the Novopen 5, but have two Echo's, one in red, one in blue:) They are actually quite good as far as a pen can be good LOL!

I am not a kid anymore, but I think they are marketed for children as they measure half units, which is why I was prescribed them :) They also have a counter on the end which tells you how much insulin you last injected and how long ago. I'm afraid I couldn't tell you how useful that is, because I don't use 'em ;) The colours are nice though....

Signy

D

Deleted member 83869

I haven't seen the Novopen 5, but have two Echo's, one in red, one in blue:) They are actually quite good as far as a pen can be good LOL!

I am not a kid anymore, but I think they are marketed for children as they measure half units, which is why I was prescribed them :) They also have a counter on the end which tells you how much insulin you last injected and how long ago. I'm afraid I couldn't tell you how useful that is, because I don't use 'em ;) The colours are nice though....

Signy
Hahaha yes the echo's look cool too! And the NovoPen 5 has the timer thing as the end too, which I thought was quite cool! I do need a new one because my 4 is a bit old now haha!

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hahaha yes the echo's look cool too! And the NovoPen 5 has the timer thing as the end too, which I thought was quite cool! I do need a new one because my 4 is a bit old now haha!

I was told that they do need to be replaced after a certain number of years, but I can't remember how long that is . Mine were in pretty grim condition cosmetically when I was told that - they were ages old !:eek:

I'm due to change to Humalin S soon, and was shown the new range of pens for that last week. Pretty colours! Pink! Purple! Green! And severasl others too !

Girly magpie that I am, I was impressed :happy:

Signy

D

Deleted member 83869

I was told that they do need to be replaced after a certain number of years, but I can't remember how long that is . Mine were in pretty grim condition cosmetically when I was told that - they were ages old !:eek:

I'm due to change to Humalin S soon, and was shown the new range of pens for that last week. Pretty colours! Pink! Purple! Green! And severasl others too !

Girly magpie that I am, I was impressed :happy:

Signy
Aren't we sad getting excited over insulin pens? hahaha! I only need mine as a stand by incase my pump breaks! haha!

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aren't we sad getting excited over insulin pens? hahaha! I only need mine as a stand by incase my pump breaks! haha!

LOL! I'm afraid we do seem rather sad :D
My take on this is that we have to take our jollies where we find 'em, and I'd rather have something fun looking than outright "medical".or utilitarian.

Says the lass whose meter case is shaped like a frog! :D

Signy

D

Deleted member 83869

LOL! I'm afraid we do seem rather sad :D
My take on this is that we have to take our jollies where we find 'em, and I'd rather have something fun looking than outright "medical".or utilitarian.

Says the lass whose meter case is shaped like a frog! :D

Signy
Yes exactly very true!! My meter case is a small make up bag from primark ahahha!

mattmo86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use a echo pen, find them pretty useful for the half units and memory function good as am constantly forgetting if I've injected or not :p

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

MoonSpirit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was daft enough to order two Echo pens only to find out they were kid sized so of no use to me,
gave them to the local diabetic centre.

Looked every where for a Novopen 5
finally found a company called Cart100 in China that will send to the UK.
Silver looks like the only colour so Ordered one today,
(I Would have ordered two if they had been advertising other colours)
I will post an update when hopefully it arrives (they look like a big legit organisation so hopefully it will come through)

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use a Novo pen Echo and love it. Mostly because it allows for half units, which i really need. I cannot imagine going to another pen!

It gets my recommendation! The novo echo, is the same as the 5, except the echo allows half units, which i can't imagine anyone not liking.

I have no idea what you mean by 'kid sized' ? I easily get a month out of the penfill cartridges in mine and im not a kid lol

malky39

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I too use the echo, have done for a few years not, purely because of the half units. The 5 looks like it is a echo but without the half units and in a boring silver colour. I have not had to replace mine yet, was told just replace it when the battery runs out. Will be honest I dont use the timer thing but occasionally use the unit counter when I have forgotten to put it in my DAFNE app

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Malky - Yeah i rarely use the digital timer as my Freestyle meter has my ratios in it so it tells me what i should be injecting, and always use that to check back what and when i last injected.

Also i have the Red Echo, and its gorgeous lol I was always just using the throw away Novo pens, and the Lantus pens and this echo feels much more substantial and has a nice weight to it.

MoonSpirit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes the Echo looks great but Is aimed at children so will only dispense up to 30 units of insulin at a time,
Me being an adult, big guy needs the adult pen which will dispence up to 60 units.
I Currently have the Novopen 4 but I can be a little forgetful trying to remember if I've done the jab or not.
Unfortunately the 5 with readout to tell you how long since last injection, is not yet released for sale in the UK.
Apparently only for sale in 4 countries in Europe and also China.

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't think it's sad to be excited at all. People get excited about new phones etc and they don't keep them alive! I have the echo in blue and the junior star for Lantus in red. Both half units. I'm not a child either :) do you guys keep them in the original cases? X