BS Meters

Jackthehat

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tried THREE chemists in 1 town and none sold meters, all asked why i wanted one......

told me to see my GP

ive had one since 1998, i get the strips on prescription, only changing cos the cats have taken my finger pricker for a walk somewhere

Reactions: 4 people
C

catherinecherub

Try the supermarkets. I have seen them on sale there.
Have you asked your DN? They usually have loads of spare meters that the reps give them.

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Tried THREE chemists in 1 town and none sold meters, all asked why i wanted one......

told me to see my GP

ive had one since 1998, i get the strips on prescription, only changing cos the cats have taken my finger pricker for a walk somewhere
Why not just get a new picker im certain they would be available ?

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
boots chemist sell BGmeters and test strips...E,Bay sell loads of new meters the shop on this diabetic page.

G

graj0

told me to see my GP. ive had one since 1998, i get the strips on prescription, only changing cos the cats have taken my finger pricker for a walk somewhere
Which town? I live in a very small town (village really) on the outskirts of High Wycombe and both of our pharmacies have a selection of BG meters. One is a Boots and the other is Rowlands (500 locations nationwide).
Why do you want one? To measure your BG maybe? Sorry, are these people that uneducated? Good luck on your search although if you did see a GP, they'd probably have one to give you and there's loads online anyway.
Strange pharmacies round your way.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I got mine from Boots and they even suggested that I try to get the strips and lancets on prescription. I tried but failed!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Any supermarket with a chemist in store. Boots and all chemists around my town stock them. Strange your local ones don't.

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Yip, most chemists and some supermarkets stock them, even free ones are given away but beware the strips might be pricey. Try Amazon or eBay too.

rubold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If it's a Accu-chek or Abbott meter, just call the freephone customer service number, explain that you have a prescription for the test strips and they will send you a new meter/lancing device. This will probably apply to the other principal manufacturers also.

Jackthehat

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was Uttoxeter, i have a script for the test strips, i just need a finger pricker pen thingy

amcdee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Contact the meter manufacturer they will sent you one.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk