Type 1 since 1994

vinr8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I'm Vincent from The Netherlands, was diagnosed with type 1 at 6 y/o (20 years and counting) after my grandma noticed me drinking lot's of liquids. Since then i've been on several types of insuline, I remember when I was diagnosed my mom had to inject me with those "old school" big needles! No complications so far.

Right now I'm using novorapid and tresiba (switched from levermir to tresiba a few months ago, tresiba is much better!) My last hba1c was 6.9 but since i've been using the freestyle libre sensor I think I did a lot better.

Anyways I'll probably mostly be lurking and might post once in a while :)

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Can you tell us in what way the Tresiba was better?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome from me.
You write English very well.
Don't lurk - jump in and join us.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HI & Welcome, lots of us are very new here, with some old timers mixed in.

I'm sure your experience over 20 years will be helpful to a lot of people here and would also give some newbies the confidence assurance they need..

Neil

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello and welcome to the forum RRB :)

vinr8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Can you tell us in what way the Tresiba was better?
Tresiba for me is a lot more stable than levermir. I took the levermir before sleeping around midnight, if my BS was ~7 I would wake up with a BS < 3. Tresiba doesn't give me these morning lows. In the Netherlands it's not fully covered by my insurance though. I have to pay ~30 euro's for a pack of 5 throwaway pens (yeah the throwaway pens are cheaper than the refills...)

Hello and welcome from me.
You write English very well.
Don't lurk - jump in and join us.
Thanks! I'll contribute when I can :)
HI & Welcome, lots of us are very new here, with some old timers mixed in.

I'm sure your experience over 20 years will be helpful to a lot of people here and would also give some newbies the confidence assurance they need..

Neil

Thanks, good to find a more active community, not much out there online in holland :)

Hello and welcome to the forum RRB :)

Reactions: 3 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tresiba for me is a lot more stable than levermir. I took the levermir before sleeping around midnight, if my BS was ~7 I would wake up with a BS < 3. Tresiba doesn't give me these morning lows. In the Netherlands it's not fully covered by my insurance though. I have to pay ~30 euro's for a pack of 5 throwaway pens (yeah the throwaway pens are cheaper than the refills...)

Thanks! I'll contribute when I can :)

Thanks, good to find a more active community, not much out there online in holland :)

I think we all thought you were shy! Great to have you aboard.................

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum :)

Pleased that you found changing to Tresiba resolved some issues, we have a few members who have recently changed to this insulin with great success.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
image.jpg
A warm welcome to the forum.

RAElv

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I'm Vincent from The Netherlands, was diagnosed with type 1 at 6 y/o (20 years and counting) after my grandma noticed me drinking lot's of liquids. Since then i've been on several types of insuline, I remember when I was diagnosed my mom had to inject me with those "old school" big needles! No complications so far.

Right now I'm using novorapid and tresiba (switched from levermir to tresiba a few months ago, tresiba is much better!) My last hba1c was 6.9 but since i've been using the freestyle libre sensor I think I did a lot better.

Anyways I'll probably mostly be lurking and might post once in a while :)
My BM was 3.7 with the sensor but 6.7 manually ,have you had this issue?

vinr8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My BM was 3.7 with the sensor but 6.7 manually ,have you had this issue?

Yes I noticed the same thing the sensor shows lower values. It takes a while to calibrate but after 2 days it gets more accurate for me. I usually start eating something when I feel like my bloodsugar is low, then I have the sensor to double check (usually not showing a value but showing as LOW).

RAElv

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for that here's hoping. Either way my bms will be higher over the next few days due to christmas scoffing. Have a good one