Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no!

That is awful. So sorry.

Rest, look after yourself. How bad was it last time?

Thanks. Last time I just had a really sore burning patch along bra line that ached for weeks. It was only when my dad developed shingles at same time that I realised I had it as I felt ok whereas he was quite poorly. This time I've had a burning pain all down my right hand side for a few weeks but it's only since Christmas Day I noticed the redness and then the spots last night in bed. Im going to pop a curry in slow cooker in morning and then I'll chill with some rubbish DVDs. We are a bunch of crocks xxx

Reactions: 4 people

Rosie1953

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still not fully able to get back on the wagon, too much temptation.

Last night at 12-10 8.7 had been raiding the Pringles tub.

9-01am fasting and pre breakfast 6.3

Breakfast 1 weetabix, table spoon of linseed millet. 6 raspberries mixed with double cream.

11-02 5.6

12-18 Pre lunch 5.8

Turkey, pickled beetroot and lettuce.

14-16pm 5.3

1 chocolate biscuit.

17-49pm pre dinner 5.8

Ham, pickled red cabbage, coleslaw, cheese, cherry tomatoes.

19-21pm 5.9

2 handfuls salted peanuts.

22-00 7.1

23-33 6.2

Good night will try harder tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Cloudlesssky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Too much of the wrong things is all I can say.
BUT I was pleased with a 10.5 at the end of the day - my lowest readings are usually 8.5 at the moment.
Ah, if only the mince pies, tiffin, chocolate log, Christmas cake, ice cream and chocolates had all gone ....

Reactions: 3 people

Rosie1953

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Too much of the wrong things is all I can say.
BUT I was pleased with a 10.5 at the end of the day - my lowest readings are usually 8.5 at the moment.
Ah, if only the mince pies, tiffin, chocolate log, Christmas cake, ice cream and chocolates had all gone ....

Yes I total agree.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Can I join Ethyl, Brun and DD in the crock corner? :dead:

Should have stuck to soup yesterday, but had some nuts and have killed a tooth. It is loose and swivelling, but is still attached (sorry for grossness). If it is still attached tomorrow morning and will go to the dentist to have it removed safely. Paranoid about pulling it myself I case having diabetes makes it more likely my head will fall off if I get an infection. Too scared to google just in case! :bag:

Drinking water through a straw and have been eating coconut oil with my finger on the other side of my mouth. The coconut oil is also an excellent lip balm! Every cloud eh? I will have luscious lips plus the kids don't have to listen to my voice today.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Should have stuck to soup yesterday, but had some nuts and have killed a tooth. It is loose and swivelling, but is still attached (sorry for grossness). If it is still attached tomorrow morning and will go to the dentist to have it removed safely. Paranoid about pulling it myself I case having diabetes makes it more likely my head will fall off if I get an infection. Too scared to google just in case! :bag:

Drinking water through a straw and have been eating coconut oil with my finger on the other side of my mouth. The coconut oil is also an excellent lip balm! Every cloud eh? I will have luscious lips plus the kids don't have to listen to my voice today.
Oh love, how awful!

Does it hurt? Which tooth? Will you be doing pirate impressions?

I'm feeling better today.
So you can have my comfortable snuggly seat in the crock corner. I've left the cushions and the footstool ;)

Had veg for first time today.
Time will tell whether that was a good idea, or not...

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Glad you are on the mend. Poor Ethyl and DD...hope they are bushy tailed soon too.

The tooth is an upper side one, nearer the front than the back. I doesn't hurt but the roof of my mouth is a little tender. It is prettier than the rest which has me pondering whether it is a crown or something. I should know, but don't. I am still in bed as it is so cold outside and I am feeling sorry for myself :dummy: Might have to go to a family thing later so should get up and shake a leg I guess.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

Gross!!! Going to try the coconut oil on lips tho.. Mine are now so cracked.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I tried to eat salmon n 1/2 sweet potato yest but took with 2 cocodomals. My stomach played hell with me just seemed to be so **** painful but the pain moved with the food as it so slowly digested. It was hours of agony.

Not ate yet today as pump not coping with my levels even being on 250% basal only. I guess if I do get hungry later on the best thing maybe soft boiled eggs. This cold is horrendous.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The vegetables were a mistake, she says, darkly.

Ok folks, I'll book us a luxury suite at a health spa.
All whims catered for, all dietary idiosyncrasies pandered to.
Puppies welcome.

Who's in?
I'll pick up the virtual tab.
I'm good like that!

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear. It's getting to be crowded in the crocks' corner. Hope you soon feel better DD. Mr E has a hacking cough and sinus infection so is sharing in the misery.
You could always pop to a and e with your tooth AS.. Here we have an out of hours emergency dentist unit at the hospital- I'm sure someone would be able to remove it if necessary and give you any meds that might be needed. I am very careful with hard foods as I cracked a tooth on a humbug and ended up with an 1100 quid bill for special crown. I have a tooth missing at side which he wanted to do implant in but whoever removed it left part of root so he was talking about opening gum to dig that out and so on and talking thousands - I declined!

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The vegetables were a mistake, she says, darkly.

Ok folks, I'll book us a luxury suite at a health spa.
All whims catered for, all dietary idiosyncrasies pandered to.
Puppies welcome.

Who's in?
I'll pick up the virtual tab.
I'm good like that!

Lovely offer. Can I have a single room until the vegetable effect diminishes?

Reactions: 7 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely offer. Can I have a single room until the vegetable effect diminishes?

Certainly. Best for everyone.
And we won't be sharing bathrooms, or any of that nonsense.
Proper posh en suitey things, with bidets and marble tiles and bath slaves holding bottles of scented oil and fluffy towels - if you want.
I do.

Reactions: 10 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And in case any of you have footling transport problems due to snow, ice or unavailable chauffeurs, I'm arranging for helicopter pick ups.

:happy:

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Certainly. Best for everyone.
And we won't be sharing bathrooms, or any of that nonsense.
Proper posh en suitey things, with bidets and marble tiles and bath slaves holding bottles of scented oil and fluffy towels - if you want.
I do.

Oh bath slaves sound right up my street. I'm already imagining Lee Mead in a loincloth again.

Status
Not open for further replies.