Hi

Skyla8

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I've been told my fasting blood sugar is above range. I'm also hypothyroid, iron, folate, vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficient. My endo wants to do a 2 hour tolerance test so if I start any diabetes medication will it affect my supplements? Thankyou

Last edited by a moderator:

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
I've been told my fasting blood sugar is above range. I'm also iron, folate, vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficient. My endo wants to do a 2 hour tolerance test so if I start any diabetes medication will it affect my supplements? Thankyou
Hi @Skyla8 Welcome What is your fasting blood sugar at currently?

Skyla8

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Skyla8 Welcome What is your fasting blood sugar at currently?
My fasting blood sugar is 131mg/dl range 110mg/dl to 125mg/dl at the moment, I haven't been started on any diabetes medications but my doctor wants me to measure my blood sugar at home for now up until when my endo does the 2 hour tolerance test.

K

Kat100

I take iron tablets
And have b12 injections ...gp best person to tell you if they contradict with any of your other medications ....
Worth checking out :)

Skyla8

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
QUOTE="Kat100, post:46893, member: 67119"]I take iron tablets
And have b12 injections ...gp best person to tell you if they contradict with any of your other medications ....
Worth checking out :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this, i have got more than enough to deal with at the moment - I am getting more blood work done like celiac, fertility tests, calcium, magnesium, selenium, zinc and b vitamins. It's fitting all the medications in that i will find stressful i think.