BS readings

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning. I probably should have retested as I was expecting higher, but I decided to enjoy the pretty number.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting 5.8
Post breakfast 4.9
Pre lunch 5.6 later than usual and could feel I'd gone low then dumped
Post lunch 5.4 average

Reactions: 8 people

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not the best day today. Got well and truly caught out at lunchtime. Absolutely nothing suitable on the menu. Ordered crispy duck salad in desperation. 3.5 hours later was reading 8.6.

Tested before dinner and back to 4.9, thank goodness.

Reactions: 5 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 before breakfast
8.1 after breakfast :(

Tried and tested breakfast so I am blaming my liver :(

Hi,
They have improved though, I've noticed you have had some low ones recently, they seem to be going in the right direction.
Neil

Reactions: 2 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
They have improved though, I've noticed you have had some low ones recently, they seem to be going in the right direction.
Neil
Thanks Neil, I've been working really hard on getting the balance right with my diet and also the timing of my meals. It's good to see the hard work paying off... That said I have a lot still to learn but I will get there.

Reactions: 3 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
5.6 for me but had 8.3 2 hours post dinner that I got back to 7.7 soon after ... no idea why as I was 6.3 B4 dinner

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 for me but had 8.3 2 hours post dinner that I got back to 7.7 soon after ... no idea why as I was 6.3 B4 dinner
Hi Mike,
Did I see on one of your posts you've stopped the Metfomin? I'm the same HbA1c as you 41 but I told the Doc I would stay on until I had lost another stone. Has it made a difference.

Neil

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hi Neil

Yep, day 4 without them ..... just testing out whether I need them or not. Doesn't seem to have made a difference ... certainly not to my morning readings as I only too one pill with evening meals ... but it MIGHT be contributing to that 2 hour high.

Mie

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Weird day today that started badly and ended well

6.2 fasting
6.8 at 2 hours after breakfast
5.7 before lunch
7.8 at an hour (large bowl French onion soup and a decaf with d. cream)
6.1 at 2 hours (phew!)
5.2 mid afternoon random
4.6 before tea
5.9 at an hour (fried white bread)
5.5 at 2 hours

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Neil

Yep, day 4 without them ..... just testing out whether I need them or not. Doesn't seem to have made a difference ... certainly not to my morning readings as I only too one pill with evening meals ... but it MIGHT be contributing to that 2 hour high.

Mie

Unlikely Mike. Metformin doesn't work that way. It won't stop or reduce spikes. It works by reducing the liver dump a bit, so is more helpful with fasting or during exercise. What did you eat?

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Neil

Mie
I'm only on one also,1000mg was in the evening, but doing this experiment art the moment seeing whether taking it at midnight makes a difference to the morning fasting, just realised I'm on day 4 also.
Good luck with the non medication, be interesting to watch.
Neil

Reactions: 3 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Unlikely Mike. Metformin doesn't work that way. It won't stop or reduce spikes. It works by reducing the liver dump a bit, so is more helpful with fasting or during exercise. What did you eat?
HI BT :)

Lean steak with bacon cheese and broccoli and mushrooms. Pretty much standard for me. The "spike" was less than 2 (good) but I wonder why I had a 6.3 pre dinner (bad) to start with as lunch was simply tuna .... but I had been working outside helping a neighbour

Mike

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HI BT :)

Lean steak with bacon cheese and broccoli and mushrooms. Pretty much standard for me. The "spike" was less than 2 (good) but I wonder why I had a 6.3 pre dinner (bad) to start with as lunch was simply tuna .... but I had been working outside helping a neighbour

Mike

Did you wash your hands? Have you seen @Dibbles1 thread just now? Or did you re-test? It sounds like a bit of a dodgy reading to me.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I sure did BT :)

Straight after the 8.1 I did some walking / exercise knowing it would bring me back down but it only reduced to 7.7.

That's not tragic but I do like below 7s where I can realistically achieve that target

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I sure did BT :)

Straight after the 8.1 I did some walking / exercise knowing it would bring me back down but it only reduced to 7.7.

That's not tragic but I do like below 7s where I can realistically achieve that target

Just one of the many twists and turns in this game. You haven't got a dodgy tub of strips have you by any chance?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Nope :) and my strips have a tear away edge and the way i use it, my fingers never touch either end

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So had panic attack just as I was going into cinema - took BS and it had notched up to 5.9 which is high for me late afternoon.
After 2hrs just sitting in cinema I was at 4.6 pre dinner.
No 2 hr as quizzing but at 3 I was 6.5 which is ok after 6 big chips and some salad dressing that seems very sugary.