BS readings

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just checked my blood, it's 7.6 !!!! A week ago it was over 30! Gobsmacked!
And I had 2 hash browns with my dinner!

Reactions: 5 people

DorisM67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ally ,
I been reading your posts and wanna congratulate your efforts , keep your chin up you're doing great hun .I'm on 5 pills a day to + a water pill and cholestrol meds
but here's what else you can try that will lower cholestrol levels , help lower your sugar readings and help you feel even better ,

I drink 3 glasses of water with a table spoon of metamucil every day , I also drink 3-4 bottles (500 ml) a day and been eating alot of greens & other orange veggies & lemons & other fruits , fish now for last couple of weeks my readings are with in range and haven't spiked up , I portion my meals too , dietician showe dme how todo it , by taking my dinner place and diving it in 3 portions , first divide your plate in half , top half should be with your vegetables / toss salad the bottom half should be halve din to parts , one part for you lean meats like fish , steak , etc the other small part should be for your graines that are high in fibre , like whole wheat rice , beans , or you can go with broccoli and carrots (helps to use measuring cups to make sure you are getting the correct amount) , they told me its important to have both green and orange veggies each day . I have cut diet pop out completely , I cook with no salt and use spices that are low in sodium, low in carbs and eat lots of garlic . I also made a list of foods that help promote your health , here they are apples ( 3 a day) beans ( kindney , black , red, ) garlic, fish ( salmon, tuna , mackeral, sardines, haddock , packed in water in cans or fresh fish,) flaxseed , carrots, lettuce, ginger, cabbage, chamomile, tomatoes, berries , lemons, avacadoes, broccoli , spinach , celery - you can also make celery juice and drink 2-3 glasses a day , with a meal or alone , I'm trying this now too and been feeling great , I'm also getting back on my treadmill for 15 mins a day on days i can't get out to walk , I hope you find some inspiration in my message and it helps you like it's helping me ,
Good luck , hugs and God Bless

Sincerely;

Doris

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes it took me a few minutes to realise it...I think I preferred it the other side... lol :)

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How does this compute?

6.20AM ten minutes after getting up: 6.7
8.30AM - no breakfast yet just some coffee (no sugar) and also did 15 minutes of weights: 5.5
10AM - 90 minutes after a full English (no beans) and my current weakness - salted peanuts!: 5.7
1.30PM - Just got back from an hour's brisk walk into town and back: 5.6
3.30PM - 90 minutes after finishing lunch: 6.3

Not currently counting calories but am restricting carbs, so lunch was cold meat, a slice of cheddar, home made mayo, raw broccoli, raw green pepper, raw celery, one medium raw carrot and yes, some peanuts again :)

Getting slightly obsessive that I can't get readings below 5.5

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
How does this compute?

8.30AM - no breakfast yet just some coffee (no sugar) and also did 15 minutes of weights: 5.5
10AM - 90 minutes after a full English (no beans) and my current weakness - salted peanuts!: 5.7

Not currently counting calories but am restricting carbs, so lunch was cold meat, a slice of cheddar, home made mayo, raw broccoli, raw green pepper, raw celery, one medium raw carrot and yes, some peanuts again :)

Sometimes we have to restrict portion sizes too, i went right down to 20g carbs, then slowly reintroduced,whilst monitoring my bs's so far i can have 65g of carbs without rising above 5.0 anytime i'm above its down to over indulgence:))

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes we have to restrict portion sizes too, i went right down to 20g carbs, then slowly reintroduced,whilst monitoring my bs's so far i can have 65g of carbs without rising above 5.0 anytime i'm above its down to over indulgence:))

Is that 65g carbs per meal or per day? Impressive indeed if the former.

I wouldn't say either of my meals so far today were excessive but of course compared to my 800 or so calorie regime before Christmas yes they are :)

Not yet ready to explore carb limits which is why I am sticking to a fairly strict low carb diet.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Per dinner 4.8 at 7hrs post lunch ( thanks liver and soy latte and 2 sq chocolate.)
No idea what at 2 will be as off to bed.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How does this compute?

Vit, those readings are excellent and perfectly within non-diabetic range. We can't all see 4's all the time. You will see some soon. It takes a bit of time sometimes. Try some breakfast when you get up and before you exercise. Don't test immediately you finish exercise. Leave it an hour. Our livers can kick in during exercise.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Is that 65g carbs per meal or per day? Impressive indeed if the former.

I wouldn't say either of my meals so far today were excessive but of course compared to my 800 or so calorie regime before Christmas yes they are :)

Not yet ready to explore carb limits which is why I am sticking to a fairly strict low carb diet.
Per day vit90 ::))

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 before breakfast
6.7 after breakfast...

:D:p:D:p:D:p does a happy dance... New breakfast - New result -

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting 5.7
Didn't have proper breakfast as waiting for GP to call so 1oz cheese on the hoof
Pre lunch 6.2 ( about 1hr after cheese)

Reactions: 5 people