Thanks for your help

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I tend not to search for answers online due to the fact that when I do I just seem to find a million and one horror stories of something that will apparently happen to me in the future, so being able to get answers to exactly what I ask on here has been helpful.

I was diagnosed on August 25th with my hba1c being 96 (10.9%) and after 3 months I managed to get it down to 39 (5.7%), mainly due to the fact I was terrified to eat anything that wasn't in the leaflets I was given. Since then I've managed to get a lot more information from here to help change my diet completely to suit me and find out what to do when I forget an injection without it affecting me too much :D.

Today I found out that my hba1c is now 35 (5.4%) in my 'normal' routine so can focus on other things without it taking over my life.

Oh, I'm also getting a novopen Echo prescribed to help with those pesky have I?/haven't i? moments.

More than happy!

Thanks.

Reactions: 12 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I tend not to search for answers online due to the fact that when I do I just seem to find a million and one horror stories of something that will apparently happen to me in the future, so being able to get answers to exactly what I ask on here has been helpful.

I was diagnosed on August 25th with my hba1c being 96 (10.9%) and after 3 months I managed to get it down to 39 (5.7%), mainly due to the fact I was terrified to eat anything that wasn't in the leaflets I was given. Since then I've managed to get a lot more information from here to help change my diet completely to suit me and find out what to do when I forget an injection without it affecting me too much :D.

Today I found out that my hba1c is now 35 (5.4%) in my 'normal' routine so can focus on other things without it taking over my life.

Oh, I'm also getting a novopen Echo prescribed to help with those pesky have I?/haven't i? moments.

More than happy!

Thanks.

Well done, you have achieved so much in a short time, onwards and upwards :D and long may it continue for you.

Take care RRB

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done for managing such good results.

The Novo Pen Echo is good also for the times when you need half units.

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks everyone.

Yeah, the half units do sound good...I'm only on very small amounts so it will help quite abit. The diabetic nurse wants to also lower my insulin but is abit cautious so it could come in handy going down in halves also

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You have done so well in such a short space of time, well done and hope your good progress continues :)

The NovoPen Echo is an excellent pen, especially as it dials up in half unit doses too.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thanks, noblehead. Just hoping I don't slack :bag:

I don't think so, your very clued up on the condition already which will pay dividends in years to come.

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got a call from the diabetic nurse and I can pick up my two echo pens on tuesday :)

Reactions: 3 people