New forum improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kat100

Hi,

I love the new changes. Except that everyone will be able to see how much time I spend on here! ;)

Just one question @Giverny
(I think I know the answer, but want to ask it anyway)

Do the 'Members Only' buttons that are in my profile settings now mean that I can choose that only members can read my posts?
And in that case, non-members on FaceBook will be unable to read any of my forum posts, yes? :)
That's a question I asked earlier ..hope we get an answer. :cool:

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My email address has changed to one from 4 years ago under my profile.

Does that mean the emails I currently get will no longer be sent as haven't been on that old email address for at least 3 years...

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Giverny I have just had to send PM's to 2 of our regular posters who were having what they probably thought was a private conversation, but because they had written on their own profile pages, the whole conversation is shown (under the list of people on line, right hand side of the main forum page). They now know, but how many others will fall in this trap?

I am still not able to scroll properly. Driving me crazy! :(

Reactions: 4 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really miss the "New posts" option :mad:

It made life much easier at busy times to be able to "Mark all as read" and only see new posts each visit.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Under "Recent posts" the thread titles no longer unbold when you have read the thread. Instead it's the last poster's name that unbolds. This makes it difficult to scroll down to see easily which threads have new posts and which threads you have already read. Could it go back to how it was before?

Reactions: 4 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
I really miss the "New posts" option :mad:

It made life much easier at busy times to be able to "Mark all as read" and only see new posts each visit.
select "recent posts" then click on "new posts" (leftmost of 3 columns)
A bit of a faff but gets you there!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Great that avatars can be changed from iphone or ipad now. Couldn't do that before.

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The green spot is like a fridge light. Does it go out when I switch off?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Under "Recent posts" the thread titles no longer unbold when you have read the thread. Instead it's the last poster's name that unbolds. This makes it difficult to scroll down to see easily which threads have new posts and which threads you have already read. Could it go back to how it was before?

I mentioned this earlier. If like me you use the Recent Posts page to see which posts you wish to reply to (I never look the other options) it is making life difficult not having the thread title unbold if you have read the last post on that thread. Just as Daisy said, much better than I did.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
It may be worth trying to disable this temporarily to see if it acts as a fix. Your browsers might just be struggling with processing the smoother scrolling.

What exactly is new on the forum apart from the silly little green circles not seen any flashing though..can we turn them off if we want to not everyone want people to know when they are online . I haven't noticed anything else different looked on my account pages nothing changed there
Yes, there's actually a whole host of new fixes and features - we're still working on ensuring the final feature is ready (it's online, just not activated yet) before detailing a list of the exact changes we have made.

Its now easy to press report instead of like.
I'll see if we can get the report button moved.

Do the 'Members Only' buttons that are in my profile settings now mean that I can choose that only members can read my posts?
And in that case, non-members on FaceBook will be unable to read any of my forum posts, yes?
Your posts on the forum will always be public - from the privacy settings page, you can control who sees: your personal details (date of birth, location etc.), who can send you private messages, who can post on your profile page, who can see your posts in their 'feed' when they follow you and who can view your identities (accounts you've linked with the forum, such as Twitter, FB etc.)

Hope that clears up any confusion. We're looking to introduce our blog platform later this week, as it just needs a few minor tweaks. I'm hoping that this will offer a solution to any privacy concerns, as the blogs can be as private as you want them to be and will never be shared on Facebook unless they are flagged as viewable by all.

A

AnnieC

Well I think the administrators should remember the saying....If it is not broken don't mend it....most of us seemed to manage perfectly ok the way it was

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i can see the green light saying online but no flashing

A

AnnieC

You can turn them off by checking the relevant box to say you don't wish to anyone to know you are on-line.
The like button etc have changed sides. Its now easy to press report instead of like.
Various odds and sods here and there.
The box for showing online status is not checked on my settings so it should not show when I am online but it still does so that does not see to work anymore

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
The box for showing online status is not checked on my settings so it should not show when I am online but it still does so that does not see to work anymore
You'll always see this yourself if you're online. Other members won't.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

You aren't showing as on-line to me, Annie.

A

AnnieC

What browsers are you using, both?
I don't know what browser I use now but I do know it is not Chrome because I uninstalled that a little while ago as it was causing me problems when I used it
Think it is Internet Explorer as that is my default one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.