Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Hello everyone,

I hope I am not choosing the wrong forum for this topic. After 5 yrs. I am no longer as much aware of hypo incidents.
I knew I had this by checking the meter, and the fact that I delayed my lunch schedule due to distraction, and also
waking up early. It was quite scary -- trembling, uncoordinated, similar to panic attacks with chest tightness, etc/. However,
it could not have been severe as I managed to control it with glucose tablets, and food. In 2 hrs. about I reached 7.
Then I felt tired and slept for a while and recovered.

My dr. was very keen on not getting hypos and that is why my diabetes team chose glyclazide, instead of glubutride
as one is stronger than the other. I checked my log book to see how often this has happened and saw only one other
incident in six months at 3.8. I can understand why some people, especially seniors, prefer hyperglycemia, as hypos
feels pretty nasty.

I just have to avoid even one occasion and especially at night (dead in bed syndrome). So far so good.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
they can be quite alarming if you aren't exposed to them regularly............

I will have about 2-3 a week, usually when I am walking in the door from work...........and its basically down to my lunchtime dose being slightly over or I walked a little faster to the train station....lol....

you shouldn't rely on the liver, but it will try and make a contribution if your blood glucose drops, so a positive to focus on..........

hopefully the change in medication will stop the lower numbers popping up........

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
they can be quite alarming if you aren't exposed to them regularly............

I will have about 2-3 a week, usually when I am walking in the door from work...........and its basically down to my lunchtime dose being slightly over or I walked a little faster to the train station....lol....

you shouldn't rely on the liver, but it will try and make a contribution if your blood glucose drops, so a positive to focus on..........

hopefully the change in medication will stop the lower numbers popping up........

Wow-- 2-3 times a week? My doctor would not allow that. Once in 6 months was an accident due to
forgetting to eat after taking my drug. My average is 6-7 which she approves of. Perhaps you are younger and not diabetic for a long time?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
31 years old, diabetic 16 years now...........

its more to do with the type of diabetes and therefore my medication, which is type 1 and insulin..............injecting and pumping insulin will always give some hypos as our own manual dosing calculations are never as accurate as a working pancreas.....

these are mild, slowly onset hypos though, due to the delicate balance between the dose of insulin and the activity of the body........:)