BS readings

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tea time. Very odd

I only had a salad with 12g carbs approx.
6.6 an hour after - a rise of 1.3
AND it has stayed at 6.6 all evening!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes but that is a fasting and tonight's is post food.. Anything under 7.8 is fine by the NICE guidelines for after meals. Ok so you'd like to have been lower but you were still well under.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tea time. Very odd

I only had a salad with 12g carbs approx.
6.6 an hour after - a rise of 1.3
AND it has stayed at 6.6 all evening!

I have been googling and there's lots of stuff about some people getting higher readings in the winter. So maybe it's just that.

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I have been googling and there's lots of stuff about some people getting higher readings in the winter. So maybe it's just that.
Could be but i'm blaming the cheese sauce( flour) thanks,going to bed now hope its better tomorrow nity nite

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Prebreakfast 6.7

@ 2 hours take your pick 6.5, 5.5, 5.5 or 6.0 ?? Bloody strips. Literally.

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bluetit, would your surgery DN lend you a third meter to do a comparison on? Or even let you just pop in to have them do a quick finger prick test( you could do a quick test in the toilets before or after as it shouldn't be a million miles out)- just a thought? That way you'd know for certain what the error margin is running at and be able to adjust without all the worry.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I am type 2, and have just started testing. Bedtime last night 10.1 the morning when I got up 8.5, I did some washing up then took our old dog for a gentle stroll, came back 9.8. This was before meds or breakfast. Why should it have gone up. Advice please.
Thanks

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bluetit, would your surgery DN lend you a third meter to do a comparison on? Or even let you just pop in to have them do a quick finger prick test( you could do a quick test in the toilets before or after as it shouldn't be a million miles out)- just a thought? That way you'd know for certain what the error margin is running at and be able to adjust without all the worry.

Thanks Ethyl. I will bear this in mind if things don't improve.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am type 2, and have just started testing. Bedtime last night 10.1 the morning when I got up 8.5, I did some washing up then took our old dog for a gentle stroll, came back 9.8. This was before meds or breakfast. Why should it have gone up. Advice please.
Thanks

Sometimes after fasting or during exercise our livers dump glucose in our bloodstream to help with energy levels. This is known as the Dawn Phenomenon or Liver Dump and is perfectly natural. By pottering about and walking the dog you were extending your overnight fast and also exercising, so this is most likely what happened. Perhaps tomorrow you could have a bit of something to eat before you start?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have a local pharmacy that could check you out?

From tomorrow, 1st Feb, I am changing back to my Accu Chek for the month to see what happens there. I keep monthly data averages and graphs, so I will be able to see if my levels continue to trend upwards with the Accuchek. If they do, I will know it is me and not my Codefree.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
From tomorrow, 1st Feb, I am changing back to my Accu Chek for the month to see what happens there. I keep monthly data averages and graphs, so I will be able to see if my levels continue to trend upwards with the Accuchek. If they do, I will know it is me and not my Codefree.
I use accu chec and its reliable ::))

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes after fasting or during exercise our livers dump glucose in our bloodstream to help with energy levels. This is known as the Dawn Phenomenon or Liver Dump and is perfectly natural. By pottering about and walking the dog you were extending your overnight fast and also exercising, so this is most likely what happened. Perhaps tomorrow you could have a bit of something to eat before you start?
Good morning Bluetit,
I did as you suggest, my reading before doing anything this morning was 8.2, my reading at bedtime last night, around ten pm. Was 7.3. I though last night reading was not so bad, dinner was at half six and was stry fry veg and prawns. I had a very bad nights sleep, my foot felt is was burning most of the night so couldn't sleep. Could lack of sleep affect readings?