Landing that first HR job

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
Isn't HR admin the next step up? I thought the HR assistant was the entry level?

And I'm not sure what attracts me too it specifically. I took it as an option at college and really enjoyed it.

I've no official managerial or supervisory experience despite doing it on a daily basis with the newer staff at my current work. I guess they just don't want to pay me for an official position.

Even the entry level HR assistant positions are a step up for me so ill take whatever position I can get but unfortunately I can't afford to do full time temp positions as I don't want to leave my current job incase I end up with nothing.
HR admin / assistant is the same. I really recommend you find out a bit more about HR, or think a bit more about what attracts you to it not only to make sure you are making the right career decision but so that you can explain this at interview.
You may have to decide what is more important, the job security you currently have or the opportunity to do something different.
I think you will struggle to get a permanent HR job without any experience unless you are willing to make some sacrifices and try all avenues.

Kerr1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes...
Well I've done some looking into job positions and the HR admin jobs aren't saying experience is essential. According to some pages I have read the HR assistant comes above the admin you can also see this in the differences in pay.

I have to be careful as I have a house to pay for so I can't take too much of a risk and end up unemployed after the temp position is finished. If it was a long enough temp position I'd probably consider it.