Prostate pain & high blood sugar

Malcolm.Smith

I was just wondering... I'm 39 and the last 2 years I get bad prostate pain when my blood sugar is above 11. When it goes back to normal the pain goes away but when it's there it's like I'm bursting for a pee even when I'm not and when I do go it takes ages and is extreamly uncomfortable. I asked my gp and he said I was to young for prostate cancer and if it was the case I would have pain all the time. Does anyone else have this problem?

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get this all the time it may be a urinery infection
You may need. Strong Med to get rid of it the increase in your suger levels feeds the infection

Edited as we cannot diagnose. CC.

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
First, sadly you are never 'too young' to get prostate cancer although it would be very unsual. I would definitley ask for a prostate check by the GP i.e. finger job and then further investigation if needed. It could be a prostate infection rather than bladder/urine or something else. I wouldn't expect it to be related directly to diabetes but high blood suagr could exacerbate any infection.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I was just wondering... I'm 39 and the last 2 years I get bad prostate pain when my blood sugar is above 11. When it goes back to normal the pain goes away but when it's there it's like I'm bursting for a pee even when I'm not and when I do go it takes ages and is extreamly uncomfortable. I asked my gp and he said I was to young for prostate cancer and if it was the case I would have pain all the time. Does anyone else have this problem?
Go to your gp and ask for a psa test this will tell you what you need to know ( i had three tests as had cystitis leading to prostitis, now had some tissue removed from my prostate , waiting for results,good luck