What do you like to do in your spare time?

Darwin195

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mines....

- Football
- Poker (Games)
- Time with friends& Girlfriend
- Time with family
- Xbox
- Facebook& Twitter, Instgram, Snapchat

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

Family (always comes first whatever's organised)
Friends
Music (listening and live gigs)
Photography
These forums
Reading
Cooking

Reactions: 4 people

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
I've always spare time due to my illnesses sadly i cant do many things i could but i love spending time with family,
internet,reading,music and spending lots of time with my pets

Seconlife

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
arrogancy, stress, arguments ...
Playing table tennis
Cuddeling with my cats
spending time with friends
listening to music

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Going sailing.

Also theatre, reading, gardening, walking, music, travel when I can afford it :), driving fast cars when I can afford it :D and much, much more.

Oh - and did I mention going sailing?

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Im retired but always busy,I wonder sometimes how I had time to work.
My relaxation is reading,and talking to friends.

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I love to read, listening to music, gardening, some DIY ( downstairs loo next !) being with darling teenager, days out, petting and cuddling our two cats, coming on here and going to the theatre :)

Reactions: 5 people
C

chris lowe

Going sailing.

Also theatre, reading, gardening, walking, music, travel when I can afford it :), driving fast cars when I can afford it :D and much, much more.

Oh - and did I mention going sailing?
I've always lived by the water, and dad used to go out fishing in his boat with a trawl net but for some reason sailing has never appealed to me, but son is very keen and did several trips (called "adventure training") in the army including the cariibean. Apparently skiing is also "adventure trianing" :)

C

chris lowe

I've always spare time due to my illnesses sadly i cant do many things i could but i love spending time with family,
internet,reading,music and spending lots of time with my pets
You may not think you can do much but have a look through the posts and you seem to be doing what a lot of us do! :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I've always lived by the water, and dad used to go out fishing in his boat with a trawl net but for some reason sailing has never appealed to me, but son is very keen and did several trips (called "adventure training") in the army including the cariibean. Apparently skiing is also "adventure trianing" :)

I love being near water, brooks, streams, rivers, the sea, love the smell of the sea and watching the ships, boats, and the birds. it really lifts my heart. Might be some thing to do with the Pisces water sign :)
Last year when I was out with my daughter, her friend and my grandson ( and the dodgy arm was still in plaster), we came across a very small pebbly stream, I couldn't help myself............. but off came all of our foot ware and I was first in, it was a bit bumpy underfoot, but I was very careful and had a little paddle, it was lovely :happy:and then after that we came across a rope swing with a large piece of wood to sit on.......................................:happy: :joyful: :rolleyes: roll on a warm spring and summer :)

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sailing (in UK waters, anyway) is often - accurately - described as "standing under a cold shower, tearing up £50 notes" :). Mrs Hay-Char tends to your view of it, although we have gone flotilla sailing in the Greek Islands and she's prepared to tolerate that but then, who wouldn't? A gentle sail from one island to the next, dive over the side when you get there and then a G&T as the sun goes down, before heading ashore to a small tavern for souvlaki and retsina. Bliss.

DSC01012.jpg

This is our son, then aged about 12, going for a dip at Peristeri, in the Sporades. He's a bit bigger now (nearly 18) but just as bonkers.

Funnily enough, I like being thrown around in the cold and wet just as much as cruising in the sunshine - I think it's an elemental bloke thing :)

Reactions: 6 people
C

chris lowe

Sailing (in UK waters, anyway) is often - accurately - described as "standing under a cold shower, tearing up £50 notes" :). Mrs Hay-Char tends to your view of it, although we have gone flotilla sailing in the Greek Islands and she's prepared to tolerate that but then, who wouldn't? A gentle sail from one island to the next, dive over the side when you get there and then a G&T as the sun goes down, before heading ashore to a small tavern for souvlaki and retsina. Bliss.

DSC01012.jpg

This is our son, then aged about 12, going for a dip at Peristeri, in the Sporades. He's a bit bigger now (nearly 18) but just as bonkers.

Funnily enough, I like being thrown around in the cold and wet just as much as cruising in the sunshine - I think it's an elemental bloke thing :)
Great pic. And it certainly looks better that the south coast.:)

C

chris lowe

I love being near water, brooks, streams, rivers, the sea, love the smell of the sea and watching the ships, boats, and the birds. it really lifts my heart. Might be some thing to do with the Pisces water sign :)
Last year when I was out with my daughter, her friend and my grandson ( and the dodgy arm was still in plaster), we came across a very small pebbly stream, I couldn't help myself............. but off came all of our foot ware and I was first in, it was a bit bumpy underfoot, but I was very careful and had a little paddle, it was lovely :happy:and then after that we came across a rope swing with a large piece of wood to sit on.......................................:happy: :joyful: :rolleyes: roll on a warm spring and summer :)
I can just imagine ou all swinging away :)

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great pic. And it certainly looks better that the south coast.:)
Mostly although, to be fair, the UK can have its moments. We had a terrible summer about 4 years ago, when it seemed to rain all the time. Then it cleared up, the week we went to Salcombe .... :)

DSC00136.jpg

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Depending on how much spare time I have . . .
  • Reading
  • Listening to music
  • Checking forums :D and Facebook, Ebay etc
  • Going to the cinema (but not that often)
  • Coastal walks, especially with our dogs
  • Planning holidays :)
  • Oh, and catching up on sleep if I've had a particularly busy and / or stressful week!! ;):)

moonchip

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I'm a bloke so obviously I love DIY - have a 10' by 18' shed (which my wife calls my 'Wendy House' :D) with just about everything I need to accomplish anything in or around the house. Love making cabinets, currently redoing bedroom, did bathroom 3 years ago, and soon to start on the kitchen - making everything, new units, cabinets and proper butchers block worktops.

Love walking, hiking & camping, the 'worse' the weather the more I like it - nights under canvas with my little dog are just bliss

Really love music - very eclectic tastes

And now, checking this forum regularly :D

I also love housework - cooking, cleaning, vacuuming, sorting socks after the wash, cleaning windows ....... means my wife can just come in from work or her horses and just chill, pretty much everything is done

Blondie153

Well, I'm a bloke so obviously I love DIY - have a 10' by 18' shed (which my wife calls my 'Wendy House' :D) with just about everything I need to accomplish anything in or around the house. Love making cabinets, currently redoing bedroom, did bathroom 3 years ago, and soon to start on the kitchen - making everything, new units, cabinets and proper butchers block worktops.

Love walking, hiking & camping, the 'worse' the weather the more I like it - nights under canvas with my little dog are just bliss

Really love music - very eclectic tastes

And now, checking this forum regularly :D

I also love housework - cooking, cleaning, vacuuming, sorting socks after the wash, cleaning windows ....... means my wife can just come in from work or her horses and just chill, pretty much everything is done
You've just made every man on this forum groan and every woman sigh!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Sir, with all due respect, you are a nutter.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I'd have said he's a good catch myself ...... but he's taken .... speaking from a feminine perspective of course