Have you ever brought food where you weren't supposed to?

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
the only place i have brought in food to eat was in one place where the grub was pure pigswill:

The local hospital!

Reactions: 4 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
the only place i have brought in food to eat was in one place where the grub was pure pigswill:

The local hospital!

My local hospital have stopped allowing deliveries of takeaways to its wards, saying it's not healthy food! They're probably right in most cases, pizza, chinese etc, but are they trying to say that the food they serve IS healthy?? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Personally I wouldn't have the nerve to do that, I would consider it taking up table space that someone else could use for a paid meal. As a matter of interest why couldn't you have the quiche? All you had to do was leave the pastry or just walk the pastry off by going around the fair.

Most places if you ask will Russell up an omelette and half a dozen chips wont hurt you.
Bottom line is though if the menu isn't suitable then take a flask of soup or a picnic lunch and eat it in the car.
Like RRB I'm coeliac as well, but most places will fall over backwards to provide a meal if you state your requirements.

This is *not* a restaurant or even a proper cafe. It is a cafeteria type place at a racecourse. There is no rustling up of any omelettes! :D Regarding the quiche, I mistyped. I meant to type simply "pies". I couldn't think what they were called at first (the pastry with meat in it). As far as eating a picnic in the car, well that would be one long walk back to the car. We might as well leave if we were going to do that.

Reactions: 3 people

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Personally I wouldn't have the nerve to do that, I would consider it taking up table space that someone else could use for a paid meal. As a matter of interest why couldn't you have the quiche? All you had to do was leave the pastry or just walk the pastry off by going around the fair.

Most places if you ask will Russell up an omelette and half a dozen chips wont hurt you.
Bottom line is though if the menu isn't suitable then take a flask of soup or a picnic lunch and eat it in the car.
Like RRB I'm coeliac as well, but most places will fall over backwards to provide a meal if you state your requirements.

Oh and just to clarify further, we did not sit at at table per se. We sat on high chairs along the wall, for all of approximately 15 minutes. There were plenty of tables available. Usually we sit outside but it was raining on Sunday.

Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Oh and just to clarify further, we did not sit at at table per se. We sat on high chairs along the wall, for all of approximately 15 minutes. There were plenty of tables available. Usually we sit outside but it was raining on Sunday.

Understandable Fallgal.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't like the way this thread is going. Already diabetics are being classed as second class citizens relegated to their cars to eat and in a minute we'll have wheelchairs getting in the way and people being a nuisance by just buying coffee without food. I know business is business but there has to be a way of making everyone feel welcome.

Reactions: 6 people

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't like the way this thread is going. Already diabetics are being classed as second class citizens relegated to their cars to eat and in a minute we'll have wheelchairs getting in the way and people being a nuisance by just buying coffee without food. I know business is business but there has to be a way of making everyone feel welcome.

Agreed. I've been self-employed for about 25 years now, in two countries, so I understand business. However, my health is my priority. They are getting 6 quid for the coffee/tea, plus 9 quid in entrance fees from us for ten months of the year. (18 quid in entrance fees for a separate show last month.) We also spend hundreds on attending the races in September. I'm not going to feel guilty.

K

Kat100

After three posts on the same message, it's the first time we went to Southampton boat show, if I was asked to stop on move on from the small oulet, it wouldn't of been a problem and I would of moved. instantly There were not a lot of spaces to eat, and having my arm still in plaster it was a wonderful treat to actually go out and enjoy the water events and the sunshime after such an horrendous August.
I have appeared to upset or angered you, that, was not my intention at all, ever. That's it from me on the matter.

Regards RRB
But boats in southampton are very nice though :)

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Sometimes I buy a drink ..and eat my own food ...
In marks cafe , I have bought a drink then eaten my own homemade treat ....they don't mind because I have bought the drink ....