Workout kicking me out of ketosis

lifechange

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys, last couple of days something strange is happening to me and i would like someone to explaine me

Around lunch i would do workout - finish it, normaly ( i know i am in ketosis because my sugar doesnt drop while i run 5km ) and i would eat my lunch set my temporary basal rate for 16 hours on 80%

But here is what happens. In 2hours i would feel super hungry ( i am kicked out of ketosis ) - no more metalic taste in mouth - and i would go to hypo.

First i thought its because of to much insulin, but than i realised that around 10pm i am back in ketosis and my insulin needs come back to ones before.

Why does this happen ?

Is maybe to little fat the reasson ?

I am on 30 grams of carbs per day and 90 grams of protein = 1.2 proteing per 1kg.

lifechange

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
fat 205 / protein 90 / carbs 30.

maybe my body gets confused after lunch due to notneniugh fat and switches metabolic state?

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How do you know you are in or out of ketosis? I'm not sure the feelings you are reporting are reliable evidence of ketosis or not.

lifechange

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
- no more metalic taste in mouth
- more sensitive to insulin
- hungry , wanna eat the fridge
- wobbly legs even though i am nnot hypo
- i drop to hypo when i walk, whenni am in ketosis i dont

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Apart from the first one those symptoms are just symptoms of exercise. And some people get the first one when they exercise or when they go hypo which is the reverse of what you get.

Maybe the eat the fridge feeling is the most suggestive of coming out of ketosis. But I don't think it's usual to come back into ketosis so soon after leaving it.

Maybe do some ketone tests with a blood ketone meter before during and after exercise. To confirm the ketosis angle.

Reactions: 8 people

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
I think your fat content is a bit on the low side. Many of us are on around 80% fat.

Reactions: 2 people

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
To increase your fat content, Try more:-
Butter, coconut oil, mayonnaise, double cream

Reactions: 4 people