Getting back in old clothes :)

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daughter's school has a ball every year, which is a black tie event. Last year was the first year we've been and when I got my format suit out out (which I hadn't worn for several years), I could barely fit in it and spent a pretty uncomfortable evening trussed into it. The ball's coming up again shortly and, knowing I've lost a lot of weight, I thought I'd better try it again to see how it fitted.

I thought it would be a bit big, but it actually looked comically huge on me and I realised there was no way I could possibly wear it again this year.

Looking through the wardrobe, I found another one that I haven't worn for over 15 years as the waist is 6 inches less than I've been for years. Feeling optimistic, I thought I'd give it a try and was blown away when I found it fitted me perfectly (if anything it's a touch big!) :D

My waist is now as small as it's been since I was in my 20s - LCHF has been an absolute godsend for me with 25kg lost in a little over 3 months and I feel at least 10 years younger :)

Reactions: 20 people

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My daughter's school has a ball every year, which is a black tie event. Last year was the first year we've been and when I got my format suit out out (which I hadn't worn for several years), I could barely fit in it and spent a pretty uncomfortable evening trussed into it. The ball's coming up again shortly and, knowing I've lost a lot of weight, I thought I'd better try it again to see how it fitted.

I thought it would be a bit big, but it actually looked comically huge on me and I realised there was no way I could possibly wear it again this year.

Looking through the wardrobe, I found another one that I haven't worn for over 15 years as the waist is 6 inches less than I've been for years. Feeling optimistic, I thought I'd give it a try and was blown away when I found it fitted me perfectly (if anything it's a touch big!) :D

My waist is now as small as it's been since I was in my 20s - LCHF has been an absolute godsend for me with 25kg lost in a little over 3 months and I feel at least 10 years younger :)

@phil1966

That is excellent work. I've lost 48 lbs myself and I have a whole new wardrobe that is in my closet. I sense that I've a few more pounds to go but I should get my T2 under control..

Reactions: 6 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
well done to both of you -- excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done! I was looking for inspiration and motivation and found some here. Thank you.

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whoa! That is awesome! Congrats to you both! :)

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Well done.
I have had a clear out today of clothes that are to big,but Im a bit to thin and having problems maintaining weight.

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We've been going through my wardrobe and decided to donate all the old stuff that no longer fits to a charity shop (there's a lot of it!) - I was quite shocked just how big some of my old clothes were so took a picture - I can't believe those shorts ever fitted me :)

IMG_0217.jpg

Still got a bit to go, but I'm delighted with my progress so far :)

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
S0dding T2 and LCHF have cost me a fortune in new clothes :woot:

Reactions: 2 people

Jillyp83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
Amazing effort!!! I have lost 15lbs so far do you do a lot of exercising?

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Amazing effort!!! I have lost 15lbs so far do you do a lot of exercising?

Thanks and congrats on your weight loss too :)

I spend about an hour walking the dogs every day, play 5 a side once a week and have just started teaching my daughter squash, so I do get a fair amount of exercise