ran out of insulin and out of the city

claire_786

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi everyone in type 1 and i live in birmingham and im in manchester at the moment till the 12, the problem is that im running out both of my insulin so if i show my repeat prescription to the pharmacy can they give me the insulin that i need ...or if i havent got my prescription slip on me ...its being sent in the post now can i still get it from the pharmacy and explain to them my situation

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not sure how it works in England but I know in Scotland you can get an emergency prescription as the pharmacy can access your medication lists, perhaps you could pop in and ask?

Other than that I guess you could become a temporary patient of a different GP and they are bound to be able to access your record.

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
hi everyone in type 1 and i live in birmingham and im in manchester at the moment till the 12, the problem is that im running out both of my insulin so if i show my repeat prescription to the pharmacy can they give me the insulin that i need ...or if i havent got my prescription slip on me ...its being sent in the post now can i still get it from the pharmacy and explain to them my situation
Hi Claire, is there a walk in centre near you? If so pop in and ask for an emergency prescription. If not a local surgery should be able to help you out. Doubt the chemist would though without a valid prescription as doesn't know you from Adam.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My hubby gets his prescriptions for his epilepsy tablets from boots, he once forgot to take any medication with him on a business trip to London- he went into boots and as they had his perscription on the computer they issued him with 2 days emergency supply.

The chemist can also contact someone for emergency scripts ( sorry can't remember who but they phone up and you can get emergency supply 24 hrs later)

Reactions: 4 people

claire_786

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have got my insulin now ..I went to a walk in centre and they gave it to me with no problem