SD Codefree Strips - Batch ending 44

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Result. That's very good of them as for the most part mine have just been above the acceptable tolerances. Nice to see that some businesses vlue their customers.

Reactions: 2 people

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Well done, Bluetit!

I must say that this current pot of 44s is behaving very well! I have yet to get an odd or failed reading. Strange...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could I please make a general request now?

I think we all violently agree we have seen "unexpected results" from batch 44, which home health have raised with the manufacturer and they intend to do in-house investigations themselves with strips returned by users.

I'm unsure what added value there is now in continuing to post variations on that theme- aside from potentially undermining confidence in an otherwise excellent product, from which we all have a huge amount to be thankful for.

Home health have confirmed, more than once that all stocks of Batch 44 have been exhausted so orders now being fulfilled are from a different batch.

We need to each decide what, if any, action we need to take on these readings (like retest or apply an average variance factor) and move on. It feels like this horse has already been flogged to its demise.

Thanks.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I have received an email from Home Health.

SD Biosensor have reported back with their findings which I have attached here. They tested the retained samples of LOT SO314144 against previous LOTS and also against other glucose meters.

Their findings show that there were no significant differences in accuracy nor consistency between LOT SO314144 and other tested LOTS and meters. They have concluded that the problems being experienced are down to possible damage during transit. The tests arrived here in late December so may also have been subjected to extreme weather.

To investigate further I shall be conducting a week long pre and post food comparison between our retained tests from SO314144, all returned tests from SO314144 and also against 4 other recent batches of SD strips that we have retained.

I will report back to you with my findings.

Kind regards

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess it could have been a transit issue as the strips did seem to work better if I popped the meter and them in warm bed for a bit. Also it depends on what you think of as significant. If batch 44 was reading at the top end of the tolerance and your previous batch was at lower range then it would seem quite a leap. It was more the consistency that I had problems with. Still it is good to see that they have taken the issue seriously and are trying to come up with an answer as something was certainly wrong with several of my pots.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oooops I forgot the actual report

Attachments

• BD400-6 QC Performace Report_R1_UK Homehealth(2015.02.23).pdf
    232.5 KB · Views: 265

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am just about to move on from SO314126 to SO314161 - should I be concerned?

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just realised from your signature are you doing NCD?

Do you mean me? If NCD means Newcastle Diet, then yes - my variant of it; same calorie target but with more appetising food.