Do I have diabetes or not?

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Okay I am new and I find this thread so hope ok to ask here. I think I'm diabetic. Fbg is over 7 towards 8 . All other readings are normal. Well A1c is 6.1 so that's high
I walk daily
I eat low carb. No white. Nothing. I barely eat. Eggs bacon tuna chicken salad......
I need to lose weight put on over year after bad fall.
Would metifor in help the fasting highs?
Help lose?
My family dr who's now retired suggested metiformin years back. I lost weight. He said cured.
But now oh oh ....
What does your doctor tell you should be done?

Worrierfrog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When fam dr retired ...procedure is to go on a list and wait... Still waiting.

Worrierfrog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I could go to a urgent care clinic. They'd say get a fam dr. And so on....govt. health care. No choice either. Not allowed to pay.

Worrierfrog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes . Here they interview you to see if they want you. I was spoiled I guess having same guy so long. 30 plus years.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Metformin might help, but you'd need a doctor to write the prescription

Worrierfrog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Same thing would happen at an er. Sign in. Wait 6 hours. Etc. last year I had bad fall on knee in us. Emergency insce paid for xrays. But that's it. Return home. Major pain. See 4 drs. One finally says ok I'll send u for ultrasound it's cheap test. Radiologist rec Mir. No says dr. Ppl waiting here for knee replacement . You can manage. So it's not an easy system to navigate.
Sorry to unload. Frustrated.
Just wondered what ppl might think...I've read tons...I guess I'll just have to keep trying.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I'm in Calgary so I know what you're talking about.

Reactions: 2 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Try a walk in clinic. You might get lucky and get them to write you a prescription

Worrierfrog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would not be going on to metformin unless I had to. What do you mean by all other readings are "normal"?
Preprandial and post are in normal range. Hour after low carb meal it's typically 6ish

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I thought you had an HbA1c result

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
You're already on a low carb diet, so you need to get a doctor. Here in Calgary they list doctors accepting new patients online. There may also be a hotline you can call to get advice. I would do more than just wait for them to call with a new doctor - that can take months.

Worrierfrog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do from 2 years ago official and then my own I bought at drugstore. Trying to monitor this..yes I could show last labs. Good idea. Ty. Is it 2 tier in Calgary?

rosserk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tx. Dunno though..w/o labs. A random stab would be normal and they'd be like lady are you a dr,?

Hi I've posted all my readings earlier in the thread and on some of my readings I'm 11-24 three hours after food yet my doctor says I am not diabetic. I thought a reading of 6, 2 hrs after eating would be in the normal range of my doctor is saying that mine are? This evening I registered 7.8 '5' hours after eating.

Worrierfrog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We have an online list too. You have to pay to be on it, a monthly fee. I tried it but could not find anyone that wasn't 2 hours away. ...good advice tho. Tx.