codefree source

numan43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
my pharmacist just called to say he couldn't find a source for sd codefree test strips, i gave him homehealth uk web address but he said that they're not allowed to order from there......any ideas?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think most people on here who use the Codefree meter do so because they have to self fund their meters and strips.

As far as I know doctors are generally limited by financial restrictions as to which meters, strips, etc, they're allowed to supply. And it appears to be getting worse - see recent posts about this.

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

numan43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think most people on here who use the Codefree meter do so because they have to self fund their meters and strips.

As far as I know doctors are generally limited by financial restrictions as to which meters, strips, etc, they're allowed to supply. And it appears to be getting worse - see recent posts about this.

Robbity
hi Robbity
my doc has agreed to prescribe test strips for my codefree but chemist cant find a source that suits the daft rules they have

Reactions: 3 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi Robbity
my doc has agreed to prescribe test strips for my codefree but chemist cant find a source that suits the daft rules they have

Please let us know how you get on.

If you have trouble, you could contact HomeHealth and ask them who they supply, to supply the NHS (if you follow that trains...). I believe they are the UK distributors and are excellent communicators if you call and ask to speak to someone who understands their supply chain. Jamie Baxter could be a good starting point. I've had a number of informative and open discussions with them over the year or so I have been using the Codefree products.

numan43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please let us know how you get on.

If you have trouble, you could contact HomeHealth and ask them who they supply, to supply the NHS (if you follow that trains...). I believe they are the UK distributors and are excellent communicators if you call and ask to speak to someone who understands their supply chain. Jamie Baxter could be a good starting point. I've had a number of informative and open discussions with them over the year or so I have been using the Codefree products.
thanks for the ideas

numan43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
this is getting very frustrating now, tried 4 more pharmacies including boots and none of them can source SD codefree test strips, at an absolute loss now of what to do next?

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
Give the pharmacy the contact details of homehealth, they supply codefree. I am not sure if the pharmacies have preferred suppliers though. When my late husband was ill we had a prescription for fairly scare medication (in that it was a rare cancer and it was an expensive drug), I found Superdrug Pharmacy the best in tracking down the drugs and opening an account with the supplier to facilitate delivery. An independent pharmacy might also be an option as they have more autonomy to choose their own suppliers.
http://www.homehealth-uk.com/docs/contact.htm

numan43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thanks kate but I've already given them the details of homehealth but they say that they cant order from them