Breads and what's better

lynnek

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hey folks ,

It's me again been experimenting with breads to see what works for me. I have really cut it down to just once a day, compared to literally accompying every meal. been eating wholemeal bread including weight watchers. Recently tried Burgen soya and linseed just small slices. It's got high fiber content but sugar content is a bit on the high side at 1.5 per slice. Any other recommendation ???

MikeZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm pretty new at all this and not really the one to give advice... but I gave up bread. Period. Enough about me.

My wife, who is not diabetic but has been struggling with her weight for years, has also given up bread and pasta. Now, for the first time since she put on the extra pounds, (3 kids), her dieting is working. She never was one to eat a lot but she did want bread with every meal... and she loved pasta. Were it not for my diabetes diagnosis, we might never have "discovered" what was blocking her from losing weight. I guess that can be viewed as a silver lining.

In answer to your question... I don't have an answer, but we, (my wife and I), are patiently awaiting one from someone around here!

Reactions: 2 people

lynnek

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the advice and link bread and pasta are getting the boot to give it a try.

Reactions: 2 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the advice and link bread and pasta are getting the boot to give it a try.
I really would until things "settle" down in terms of weight / blood sugars / HbAc1 and then you'll find they have been replaced by something new that fills that hole.... I used to be a serious bread maker.... and it's gone. Good fortune. Hj