Upset tum.....

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Since my diagnosis of type 2 in March I've been following a LCFF diet, which was going well until about 2 weeks ago, now I've developed the most awful diarumpus like really bad.
Im reluctant to change too much as I'm losing weight, and keeping control of my BG but my stomach is an explosive gurgling mess.
I'm not on metaformin, so can't blame that, can any one suggest something to errmm settle things down a tad :wideyed:

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
I do think it can take a while for your digestive system to settle to a new regime, maybe you are eating more veggies now ? Could you try something like Gaviscon ? I`m sure as you progress , things will calm down a little, hope so for your sake :)

Reactions: 2 people

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tried peptobismol which worked for a wee while, but I don't want to keep taking it, it's making excercise difficult - can't walk too far from home!! :oops:

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Oh dear, poor you, maybe a word with your Doctor is best , it could be a pesky bug :(

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Possibly - I've not felt sick though. I do work around children - so bugs are always around the place :nurse:

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Have you considered taking Imodium for a couple of days? It could slow everything down whilst your gut recovers from your changed diet.

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that's an option June - I'm wondering if it's the increased fat in my diet that's doing it?

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
I think any major change in our diets can have adverse effects - if you know what I mean! I'm a firm believer of Imodium as it slows down the break neck speed that your intestines are going at and allows some time for everything to go back to normal speed. Bit like an F1 racer going on a country ramble. If that doesn't work, then as kateincornwall says, perhaps a visit to your dr is needed.