Mints or breath fresheners

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi again, i went to work today and part way throughout the day, I noticed a bit of a chessy, fat kind of pong! i'm just wondering especially as I am trying lchf, are there any mints I can have or any type sweeties which should be ok if consumed in moderation?

Thank you in advance

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Mrsmac,

Not entirely sure if I'm honest, I'm sure there are sugar free versions, have a look online at carbohydrate content of whatever mints you are considering.

Reactions: 3 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breath fresh sprays are good .. Sugar free polos are also good

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Suger free polo mints spring to mind. There are others but for the life of me I can't remember them. Also consider sugar free gum. EXTRA sold in a plastic tub is the one I use.

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh that is great thank you guys for some reason I was under the impression that with low carb things like mint and gums wouldn't be allowed but I shall look into sugar free and lowest carb

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Hi again, i went to work today and part way throughout the day, I noticed a bit of a chessy, fat kind of pong! i'm just wondering especially as I am trying lchf, are there any mints I can have or any type sweeties which should be ok if consumed in moderation?

Thank you in advance
I buy sugar free Compliments mints from Aldi, they are on the top shelf above the sweets/chocolate they come in a little blue tin and are tiny but minty they sell them in peppermint and spearmint flavour and the tin stops them absorbing any moisture, I keep a tin in my car and my bag, very refreshing

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, we due an aldi shop so will look out for them

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Thank you, we due an aldi shop so will look out for them
99p and the spearmint are in a green tin, must be about 50 in the tin I also treat myself to a bar of 85% chocolate and can have three to four squares without a problem hmmmm must stop talking sweet stuff:hungry::hungry:

Reactions: 2 people

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am actually looking forward to getting some but at least I won't feel too bad now knowing that mints are ok. Not sure how the chocolate would go down as dark chocolate is too strong for me