accu-chek insight & diasend

0aceone0

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does any one know how to get this insight to work with diasend. My old combo worked fine but there is no infra red with the insight handset (you don't use the pump because everything is stored on handset). It works fine with the smart pix but I don't like the software. Thx in advance. Ian

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you are trying to get the data on to the computer from the meter you use the charging cable plug it into usb

0aceone0

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you for your quick reply. I can get the information into smart pix software but the diasend software will not recognise it

0aceone0

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know it works at the clinic ( they have a multi meter reader). But I used diasend at home with the combo which had infra red and worked fine. The multi reader is not on sale to the public

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Does any one know how to get this insight to work with diasend. My old combo worked fine but there is no infra red with the insight handset (you don't use the pump because everything is stored on handset). It works fine with the smart pix but I don't like the software. Thx in advance. Ian
Sorry to interrupt I haven't tried it yet so am I correct in thinking the smart pix works fine with the Insight as I'm use to using the "pix" gadget ?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I know it works at the clinic ( they have a multi meter reader). But I used diasend at home with the combo which had infra red and worked fine. The multi reader is not on sale to the public
I've just looked at the info and it indicates that the reader is available to the public.
Give diasend a ring tomorrow and ask how you can upload the info from your pump or perhaps ring your pump helpline. If you need a reader hopefully they will send you one.
I'm not into computers at all so is there anyway that you can upload to the 360 then transfer it over to diasend?

Here you go as clear as mud to me lol https://www.diasend.com/en/patient

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Ahh 360 I've got windows 8.1 the latest version and it just won't load onto it

0aceone0

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes mason. You have to update the smart pix to v2. Just wish the insight would work, at home, with diasend. Its what alder hey hospital use

Reactions: 2 people

0aceone0

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've just looked at the info and it indicates that the reader is available to the public.
Give diasend a. ring tomorrow and ask how you can upload the info from your pump or perhaps ring your pump helpline. If you need a reader hopefully they will send you one.
I'm not into computers at all so is there anyway that you can upload to the 360 then transfer it over to diasend?

Here you go as clear as mud to me lol https://www.diasend.com/en/patient
The pump help line were of no use. They no nothing about connecting to diasend. As for the 360 we tried for 1 1/2 hours to get that to work with no joy. You can only upload to diasend via the uploader

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yes mason. You have to update the smart pix to v2. Just wish the insight would work, at home, with diasend. Its what alder hey hospital use
There's a version 3.01 would this be a better option for the insight or not ??:confused::confused:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The pump help line were of no use. They no nothing about connecting to diasend. As for the 360 we tried for 1 1/2 hours to get that to work with no joy. You can only upload to diasend via the uploader
Well download the uploader it's simple enough to do. Even I managed it :)

Roche Accu-Chek®: Insight (Use Roche Accu-Chek® Smart Pix 2) Notice the data is uploaded from the handset! 1. Connect the Smart Pix to your computer and wait for the blue indicator on the Smart Pix to start flashing slowly. 2. Connect the handset to the Smart Pix. 3. In the handset menu select “Connect to PC” and press OK. 4. Ensure that the pump is within reach of the handset. 5. The blue indicator on the Smart Pix is on while the data is being transmitted from the device to the Smart Pix. 6. The blue indicator turns itself off and both Smart Pix and device emit a sound to signal that the data is being transmitted from the Smart Pix to Uploader. Do not disconnect the Smart Pix yet! 7. Wait for Uploader to signal the upload was successful.
Spirit, Spirit Combo (Use Roche Accu-Chek®Smart Pix) Please note that a Smart Pix with version 3.02 or higher is required! 1. Connect the Smart Pix to your computer and wait for the blue indicator on the Smart Pix to start flashing slowly. 2. Put the pump in PC link mode (stop the pump and enter the PC connection menu). 3. Place the pump with its IR eye towards the Smart Pix. The blue indicator signals the data is being transmitted to the Smart Pix. 4. Wait for the blue indicator to start flashing slowly again or stop flashing altogether. 5. The data is now being transmitted from the Smart Pix to Uploader. Do not disconnect the Smart Pix yet! 6.Wait for Uploader to signal the upload was successful.

aceone

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thx CarbsRok. It is easy to download the uploader. It worked fine with my combo.
Does your SMART PIX 2 have a USB slot. I know the original smart pix did not.
If it has, were did you get it from. I asked for a smart pix 2 and accu-chek sent me the same as what I have got.

aceone

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi
contact accu -check help line if they have no specs in england .they will get germany techs to phone you
i had big problems with the old 360 program on windows xp they phoned told me how to delete old 360 programs then when the new disc arrived i was able to load up new soft wear on my old xp which i used OPRA to keep going and told them why o why can you not get a program for apple mac ????
very good service over 65 mins helping me and i am good on computers
BUT THIS WAS GOOD SERVICE
ps not looking forward to going on insight if this is problems that are starting joe public are the proving ground again
vic
Thank you vic. I like Diasend because my hospital (alder hey in Liverpool) us it.
One person on the careline said they would sentd me a smart pix 2 but it was a smart pix 1.
When I rang up to tell them I was told that the smart pix was not available to the public only to the hospitals

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Reactions: 2 people

Amrit1712

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I had the same problem with my accu chek expert expert with smart pix and diasend. The smart pix software was fine just wasn't detected by diasend. I uninstalled all the smart pix software and drivers and started from scratch which worked. Also make sure you have the latest smart pix software, check the website, I'll get a link up soon. :)

RobertsMum

I have spoken to Roche's pump careline this morning, and they confirmed that we need to use the "Smart Pix 2" to upload data from the Insight handset to the Diasend software. They told me that the Smart Pix 2 costs £95, although some hospital trusts will pay for this. I am interested to see that other people have said that Smart Pix 2 is not generally available to the public, as I am also unable to find it on Roche's website: all searches turn up a picture of the original infrared Smart Pix (which we already have, and cannot be used with the Insight handset due to having no USB input port). I am contacting my son's hospital clinic to see what to do, as they specifically asked us to use Diasend to upload data from my son's meter.