Weight Loss and Diabetes

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I found a product that cures diabetes and help reduce weight at the same time. But if you want to lose weight i suggest that you read the book the weight loss cure by kevin trudeau. And i also recommend "The natural cures they don't want you to know about" . This is where i found it for free It's how about how to get healthy in a matter of weeks and never get sick again.

removed link - anna29

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, there are many people who had diabetes and overcome it through proper management, treatment, exercise and healthy diet. Diabetes is really reversible and controllable, all you need is to be determined to be healthy and overcome it. In your case, this is really good because you are doing great in your exercise.

That's a very strong statement.
And inaccurate.

If you are going to claim that 'all you need is to be determined to be healthy and overcome it' then you need to produce clear evidence to support your claim.

Otherwise your comment is nothing more than hyperbole.

Reactions: 2 people

Alice233

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was losing weight before diagnosis and not able to stop the loss which is why I went to the doctor in the first place.

After starting insulin I gained a lot of weight because my doctor decided I needed a max dosage which was way too much!!

It isn't a matter of losing or gaining after diagnosis! It is a matter of the correct medications, food plan and exercise routines after diagnosis! This is where some of our doctors are not treating us correctly then they yell at us for losing or gaining weight!!

Happy hippy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
Hi my first post although I've been reading yours and got some well needed help.
I'm Type2
Please don't take Metformin if you have a bowel inflammation of any kind.
I have Ulcerated Colitis and know from experience that Metformin makes thing worse. I ended up with a Stoma for 2yrs.
Maddy x

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I lost weight by using Gi diet and weight watchers. I combind this with exercise ( as much as I could) I soon found weight coming off. My biggest advice is don't get upset if you have a hypo and have to have some sugar. It is ok because you can learn from that hypo and its all trial and error. Also if you want something like a personal trainer research for one that know diabetes well. A lot don't have to study it and I have found its useful to have someone get it.

Reactions: 2 people

Pipey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I managed to get book today called Sugar Counter from Waterstones- how to shop without sugar by Angela Dowden £4.99.

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I low carb. I don't eat bread, biscuits, cakes, puddings, sugar or other sweeteners, jam, marmalade, honey, pies, soft drinks, beer, ice cream, potatoes, parsnips, swede, turnips, cooked carrots, tropical or hard fruit, pasta, rice, diabetic food, breakfast cereals, pot noodles, ready meals, sweets or chocolate that isn't 90% cocoa. I don't drink milk either.

I don't ever count calories, I eat plenty of fat, dairy products other than milk, loads of vegetables, berries, moderate protein mostly eggs, chicken, lamb and fish. I eat a lot of salad, because I love it.

I don't weigh myself but I've gone down from size 24 to 14 in some stores. I do walk a few miles here and there but not every day.

Having read Dr John Briffa's 'Escape The Diet Trap', I don't believe that diets work and that's why I have made changes in response to things that raise my blood glucose. Lifestyle changes not a diet plan.

badwolfreturns

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lost 2 stone 13 lbs so far,got diabetic review Wednesday hopefully blood sugars are down

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lost 4st lowcarbing ,a third of my body weight in under a year and never felt hungry, I seem to be eating all the time now with just a change in veg and have found new veg to eat , pak choi ,mooli ,choi sum etc and the best are zoodles both courgette and cucumber

Reactions: 4 people

Louise M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The misinformation out there about diabetes and misunderstanding of difference between Type1 and 2 .
Can i ask about lchf , i have read that doing this creates ketosis ? How much and is it ok to have these for long periods?

Reactions: Donna85

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can i ask about lchf , i have read that doing this creates ketosis ? How much and is it ok to have these for long periods?
It depends how "low" your carb intake is. If you're eating 30g of carbs a day, then you're probably going to be in ketosis. If you're eating 150g a day (which many still consider low) you probably won't be in ketosis.

How much is okay? Well, that depends. The average person can survive on 0g of carbs and source all of their energy from fat and excess protein. However, someone who is very active in high intensity activities may find they need carbohydrates in their diet. That's an incredibly small group though (less than 1% I'd estimate).

Is it okay to sustain for long periods of time? Short answer, yes. There are people who have been in ketosis for years. Of course, like any nutrition plan, you will need to make adjustments along the way based on results and as your goals change.

Edit- do not make the mistake of confusing nutritional ketosis with diabetic ketoacidosis. They are two completely different situations that require completely different conditions to be met.

Reactions: 4 people

Louise M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The misinformation out there about diabetes and misunderstanding of difference between Type1 and 2 .
Thats exactly what i was doing Larissa , thank you. So their unrelated completely . Thats great. That was my biggest concern about lchf diet. Thanks