Clothes

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Back in day I used a wire pump I really struggled where to put it. Although you can buy accessories which I had I found them pants so I was resulted in buying clothes with pockets and waterproofing them I am now from this a seamstress I wondered if anyone had or has this issue

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
sorry no I have not been on a pump yet

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No, not really. I've used a wired pump for 11 years and most days just use the excellent clip it comes with to clip it on my waistband or belt. If I'm wearing a tight dress I put it in my bra bag and hang it from my bran strap under my arm. At night I use a Velcro belt with a soft case.

I got all these accessories from my pump manufacturer and I've found them really well designed and long-lasting too.

The only DIY thing I use is a Tubigrip on my thigh if I'm wearing, say, a skirt and a tight top and don't want to use the bra bag.

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi azure that's good to hear that the accessories have improved.when I wore one it wasn't water proof the bra accessory kept dropping the pump out the thigh did the same the waterproof case I found hard to put anywhere. The clip was good though at the time I lost it on holiday and they couldn't be replaced but I'm happy to hear things have improved

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think it was because I got my pump when the company was Disetronic (later became/taken over? by Roche Accu Chek).

When I got my pump, I got all the holders free. Ah, the good old days : D